Home

What's Best Madden For Franchise Sim Stats?

This is a discussion on What's Best Madden For Franchise Sim Stats? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-03-2014, 12:07 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: What's Best Madden For Franchise Sim Stats?

Thanks.

I'm gonna try 16 Coaches and 16 3rd String QB's. That way I can probably watch over 75% of the games, only way I don't get to watch it is if it's one of my coaches vs coaches. This way I also get to do half the draft which will be fun.
Old 06-16-2014, 06:28 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

In my opinion, Madden NFL 10 and 11 had the best sim stats.
Old 06-17-2014, 05:09 PM   #19
Pro

mWolfe's Arena

OVR: 7

I would stick with the PS2 version of Madden if you want good sim stats
Right now I'm playing Madden 03 through 12 on the PS2 and I am having a blast.
Old 06-20-2014, 06:21 AM   #20
Rookie

Old 06-20-2014, 06:28 AM   #21
Rookie

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2014, 01:24 AM   #22
Banned

Madden 25 is actually fairly accurate with proper slider adjustments. These are not to make the game harder or easier, but rather to keep the computer simulating statistics in a realistic manner.

The only reason you would see any records broken on these would be proper talent and scheme fit/easy schedule. Even int and punt/kick return tds will be kept below 4(as is the norm). MAYBE 2 qbs will pass 5000 yards but it isnt a given, usually brees and stafford though. Best rb rushes for 1500+ but rarely higher than 1800. No more than 9 interceptions a year per player usually, rarely someone will get 10(ie realistic). Someone will get close to 20 sacks every year, 150 tackles, etc.

These sliders are based on a set by algoody421 from Head Coach 09. The same people who made madden 25 are the same people who made that one.

Starting from all madden
Human/cpu are the same

Set both blocks to 50(pass and run) and everything else to 25 except the special teams ones

50 fg power 25 acc 50 punt power 75 acc 50 ko power

ALL PENALTIES 100 Except False Start Facemask Clipping and Roughing passer at 54(any higher and they'll get called too often. And no, I dont put any faith in anything anyone has said about penalties affecting gameplay. If it does impact the game, its minutely at best and is much better used as its intended, to make the game call more or less penalties of each variety. I've done the research on nfl penalties.com and feel this should sufficently provide you with each team getting anywhere between 2-10 penalties a game.

I play slow 0 threshold, 20 injury and 60 fatigue with autosubs set so positions that rotate frequently are high while ones that dont are close to 0, though I never use the same number twice on the same side of the ball(call me superstitious).

My auto subs
qb 40/35 rb 90/88 wr 30 25 te 20 15 ol 0/5,
defense is dt 90 85 de 80 75 lb 40 35 cb 30 25 s 20 15
(they never really autosub out a qb, even at 50 50, so 40 35 is mainly to help teams with scambling/option qb, you can drop this to 0/0 if you're really worried about it)

If you are playing the game and throwing deep fades with rocket catches, say goodbye to reality. These arent meant to make it more difficult, just more realistic. If you call a realistic game plan(runs on first, ball control, first downs before tds short to deep), neither you or the cpu will go over 350 passing 200 rushing unless you just call a perfect game or outpower your opponent talentwise. I play "coach mode" meaning I hike the ball and kick but everything else is by the computer.

Games can get intense when you're yelling at jay cutler...

Last edited by Vtownwaves; 06-27-2014 at 11:45 AM.
Old 08-06-2014, 11:53 AM   #23
MVP

raiderphantom's Arena

OVR: 6

I prefer 12 just for the in season editing. You can correct a lot of issues if you're willing to put the time in.

XBLGT: tjor24
Old 08-06-2014, 04:01 PM   #24
Banned

AaronS444's Arena

Madden 2005.

It has a working RB1/RB2 slider, and stats reflect subs, such as 3rd down pass rushers actually collecting sacks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »