Home

MADDENS from ps2

This is a discussion on MADDENS from ps2 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2014, 12:40 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 7
MADDENS from ps2

Can somebody tell me what the heck happened from the ps2 versions to the following generation? The reason I ask is that I've been playing 12 for the PS2. Granted it's inferior graphically and in other cosmetic ways. But it's so much better in the game play and AI that I am actually enjoying it more than any other ps3 version. So much so that I spent a day updating the rosters. It even has a in game save feature. And when you are comparing strategies, the ps3 versions can't hold a candle to the ps2 versions. I just can't grasp how the little things never made it to the generation of consoles after the ps2. It's absolutely mind boggling considering they were more powerful.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2014, 08:05 PM   #2
Rookie

Footski10's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MADDENS from ps2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooch49
Can somebody tell me what the heck happened from the ps2 versions to the following generation? The reason I ask is that I've been playing 12 for the PS2. Granted it's inferior graphically and in other cosmetic ways. But it's so much better in the game play and AI that I am actually enjoying it more than any other ps3 version. So much so that I spent a day updating the rosters. It even has a in game save feature. And when you are comparing strategies, the ps3 versions can't hold a candle to the ps2 versions. I just can't grasp how the little things never made it to the generation of consoles after the ps2. It's absolutely mind boggling considering they were more powerful.

That sums up my opinion as well. I've played madden since 2000 and I've really tried to play on PS3 but I find myself going back to madden 08 on PS2. That game just has such a better franchise mode that I can't help but have more fun. Especially now without ncaa classes to export and no editable classes, I think I'll just stick to 08.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »