Home

Game Informer What's Missing from Madden 15 on 360/PS3

This is a discussion on Game Informer What's Missing from Madden 15 on 360/PS3 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2014, 08:53 PM   #9
Rookie

ksteward84's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Game Informer What's Missing from Madden 15 on 360/PS3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies67
I can't believe how much they phoned it in on the 360 and PS3 versions of Madden 15. And when you think about it, that there are still more Gen 3 players than Gen 4, it's really baffling. Man, I was so looking forward to this game until this week. Consider this and the cancellation of the NCAA series, and this was a very disappointing year as far as football gaming is concerned.
I can't believe how many people are losing their minds because the x1/ps4 has more power for more features at once. I don't know how Lon you've been playing, but this happens (in madden specifically) every time a new system comes out. It quickly becomes a matter of time before it's the exact same game as last year, with new rosters and maybe some logo changes here and there.

I'm not mad about it (as I expected it) I just don't understand why people are so upset. This year they're leaving aspects out because the system can't handle it, it's not because they're giving you the finger.

That will probably be what happens next year though. But to me, Madden is a game I buy every 2 years, not a yearly purchase.
Old 08-23-2014, 10:35 PM   #10
Banned

Aggies67's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksteward84
This year they're leaving aspects out because the system can't handle it, it's not because they're giving you the finger.
You're right about EA not giving the finger. But that's only because they don't consider us worth the effort it would take to lift their finger.

I know for a fact that the Xbox 360 system can handle defensive player lock. How do I know that? Because NCAA series had that.

I know for a fact that the Xbox 360 system can handle the halftime show. How do I know that? Because NCAA series had that.

I know for a fact that the Xbox 360 system can handle jump the snap. How do I know that? Because one of the football games on 360 or even the original xbox had that.

And what would prevent the Xbox 360 from being able to handle the new Defensive AI?

Last edited by Aggies67; 08-23-2014 at 10:37 PM.
Old 08-24-2014, 12:42 AM   #11
Rookie

ksteward84's Arena

What year did NCAA have a halftime show? You also have to consider that while they had that in the past, madden isn't quite 100% the same game code as NCAA, and there are different things going on. The Infinity engine and whatever engine the PS4 / X1 are using aren't the same (I have no idea if that makes a difference, but) it sounds like they basically had to make one and a half games this year, so not everything made it into the system that was only going to be supported for another 3 years, instead supporting the one that will be around for another 10.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2014, 01:13 AM   #12
Banned

Aggies67's Arena

Quote:
What year did NCAA have a halftime show?
NCAA 14.

And NFL 2K5 on original Xbox had a halftime show better than even Madden 15 on Gen 4.

Quote:
You also have to consider that while they had that in the past, madden isn't quite 100% the same game code as NCAA, and there are different things going on. The Infinity engine and whatever engine the PS4 / X1 are using aren't the same (I have no idea if that makes a difference, but)
Gen 3 Madden already shows highlights at halftime - it would be entirely possible to just add commentary over it as they did for Gen 4.

You said that Madden's code is different from NCAA's code. What is in Madden's code that would prevent it form adding things that NCAA had, like halftime show, defensive lock and jump the snap? I think that if you asked Madden and NCAA developers, they would tell you that nothing makes them unable to add it.

Quote:
it sounds like they basically had to make one and a half games this year,
To me, it sure doesn't seem like they had to. They chose to. It was a matter of priorities for them. And that's what baffles me - why they focused almost all of their efforts on the brand new tech and left in the dust the consoles that still have far more users. Doesn't seem like good business sense to me.

Last edited by Aggies67; 08-25-2014 at 08:51 AM.
Old 08-24-2014, 01:48 AM   #13
Rookie

ksteward84's Arena

I have NCAA 14. There are some highlight plays, but I wouldn't call that a halftime show.

Also, while it makes sense to sell to more units, I don't really know how sales payouts work, if EA has to pay PS/ Microsoft money in order to attach their games to their systems. If so they would be pressured to market towards the new were audience to sell more console units
Old 08-24-2014, 07:37 AM   #14
Banned

Aggies67's Arena

Quote:
I have NCAA 14. There are some highlight plays, but I wouldn't call that a halftime show.
I don't understand why you don't call that a halftime show. The commentator even says "welcome to the halftime show" or something like that. NCAA 14's half time show has commentary and analysis over play highlights, like Madden 15 (Gen 4) has.

Quote:
Also, while it makes sense to sell to more units, I don't really know how sales payouts work, if EA has to pay PS/ Microsoft money in order to attach their games to their systems. If so they would be pressured to market towards the new were audience to sell more console units
I don't know anything about that area of the game business, either. But what you suggested makes sense.

However, I think that a company needs to treat its loyal customers well. And by not giving us hardly any new features, they are giving the majority of their customers the brush off, especially since their deceptive marketing never mentioned the differences between the games.
Old 08-24-2014, 09:47 AM   #15
Rookie

ksteward84's Arena

What mode are you playing in NCAA? I've never seen (or maybe never noticed) a halftime show (on PS3). I'm a big Dynasty guy, or yhere's a chance I may have just zoned it out after a while.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2014, 10:35 AM   #16
Banned

Aggies67's Arena

Quote:
What mode are you playing in NCAA? I've never seen (or maybe never noticed) a halftime show (on PS3). I'm a big Dynasty guy, or yhere's a chance I may have just zoned it out after a while.
I play Dynasty mode, but I think it's in all games except possibly RTG. Play a game today. When the first half ends, don't click any buttons, just let it run through. It starts with an intro, then the guys do analysis of the game over play highlights, then they show and discuss some stats.

At least. that's what it does on 360. I would assume it works that way on PS3 as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »