Home

The Official Last-Gen How is your CFM going thread (Madden 15)

This is a discussion on The Official Last-Gen How is your CFM going thread (Madden 15) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2014, 02:41 AM   #73
Rookie

No Wayy Andre's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The Official Last-Gen How is your CFM going thread (Madden 15)

So with the 53-man roster update that came today, I finally started my 32-team Chargers franchise. It took a bit to set up because there was a lot of stuff I wanted to change to the roster, mostly equipment changes, but I also tried to real quickly fix all depth charts. I really only looked at a few positions each team. I'm trying to keep this franchise as realistic as possible, so guys like Sam Bradford, Sean Lee, Darnell Dockett, Josh Gordon, Justin Blackmon, etc. are all taken off the depth chart since they're either on the IR or suspended.

I'm following depth charts for the first couple weeks, then I'm going to put guys like Manziel and Bridgewater at starter, because I think that's what should and will happen in the NFL.

Anyways, let's get down to my Chargers! I followed their 53-man roster EXCEPT I got rid of Kellen Clemens. I always like to have young QBs that I can develop behind Rivers. I also got rid of the long snapper, Mike Windt, because let's face it... long snapper is kind of a waste of a spot in Madden. No disrespect to long snappers but it's how I feel.

With 2 open roster spots, I brought in the man, the myth, the legend... Tim Tebow! I ported him back into my roster because I love the guy. I doubt I will ever get to play with him, but if Philip goes down I will say I'll be excited to put Tebow in. Tebow isn't the long-term solution at QB though. I can't stand to play with EA generated rookie QB's, as I believe it hinders realism, so I traded Kellen Clemens and a 4th round pick to the Eagles for Matt Barkley! I'm also a huge Barkley fan. I know he's struggling with the Eagles, but I was a huge supporter of his when he was at USC and I'm rooting for him to succeed in the NFL. Barkley is going to be my QB of the future once Rivers hangs it up. I played with him extensively in M25 so I'm confident I'll be able to control him well in M15.

So in Week 1, the Chargers traveled to Arizona to face the Cardinals on Monday Night Football. Like I said, I'm trying to keep it realistic, and with recent reports of Andre Ellington's foot injury possibly keeping him out of Monday's game, I went ahead and bench him... Believe me, I didn't want to do it because playing against him would be a challenge, but at least for Week 1, I want his injury to be "real". So Dwyer got the start and let's just say he was trash.

Game summary:

Arizona got the ball first and marched down the field, only to be stopped by a revamped Chargers defense with Flowers and Verrett added into the secondary. Cardinals kick a field goal and are up 3-0.

On the Chargers first possession, nothing really gets going as Ryan Mathews struggles to find any holes and after a few plays, the Bolts punt the ball away. Now here comes the Cardinals potent offensive attack. Palmer leads the Cards down the field, connecting with future hall of famer Larry Fitzgerald for a 10 yard TD pass. Arizona up 10-0. Running game still not going for the Cardinals.

On the next drive, I give Rivers the keys to the offense after testing the running game on the first drive. We march down the field easily, completing pass after pass. The 2013 NFL Comeback Player of the Year is looking sharp. That is, until former Charger, Antonio "Scarecrow" Cromartie gets a nice one handed INT as Rivers tried to throw up the field on a short pass. The "Scarecrow" nickname has been dubbed by some Chargers fans because when he played for us, Cromartie was extremely soft. This was the playoff game against the Jets. This play sealed the Chargers' fate. I'm assuming most have seen it but if not here it is.

LOL! No hate on the Scarecro though. Anyways. The Cards capitalize and drive down the field, leading to a Ted Ginn one-handed horizontal-body-in-the-air slant pass for a TD. It was ridiculous, and I saw it coming too, just couldn't react fast enough with Te'o. Cards up 17-0.

With about 1:40 left on the clock, it was time for Rivers to go to work. Again, I was able to pick apart the Cardinals defense on crossing routes, short passes, and other high-percentages passes that worked so well for San Diego last year. Capped the drive off with a Ryan Mathews goal-line TD. Cards up 17-7.

We got the ball to start the half. I wanted to ground and pound the defense to death to eat up clock. Well, the offense did eat up the clock but the running game was nowhere to be found. We ended up with 36 yards total in the game on like 20 carries. Gotta fix the sliders just a tiny bit. The Cardinals had it worse with only 14 rushing yards.

From the 20 yard line on a 3rd and 4, Rivers finds TE Ladarius Green streaking down the middle of the field against the cover 2, floating the ball perfectly in for a TD. 17-14 now. On the ensuing kickoff, Ginn is hit hard by Manti Te'o and FUMBLES, Chargers recover. I milk the clock some more, and kick a field goal with about 8 minutes left in the 4th. Tie game at 17-17.

Next drive, Dwyer looks to have a nice run, but Donald Butler lays a big hit, jarring the ball loose and the Chargers recover. Couldn't believe how things turned around! Rivers hit Gates for a goal-line touchdown, and after stopping the Cardinals offense and forcing a punt, I just ran the clock out and walked out of there with a nice comeback win. 24-17!

Like I said, I need to adjust the sliders for the run game. I'm using XxKidVxX's All-Madden sliders, but I've adjusted it a lot to my liking. Rivers had a good game, almost too good, so I'm going to fix the sliders for that too. All in all, it was a fun game. Comeback wins are always great. Next week the Chargers host the Seahawks. I'm a bit worried I won't be able to stop Wilson, Lynch, and Harvin. Not sure when I'll play that game because I think I'm going to play some other week 1 games as well.
Old 09-06-2014, 07:20 AM   #74
Rookie

tattoosandcigars's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFlyZoneAzCards
Wow both percentages are bad lol one is super low and one is super high both not realistic lol. Why do they both fluctuate like that??

I've noticed that I see ridiculous stats when backup QBs. It's like someone programmed them them all to perform like last years Josh McCown.

Sent via mental telepathy.
Old 09-06-2014, 01:33 PM   #75
Rookie

NoFlyZoneAzCards's Arena

Yeah exactly Brandon Weeden was like 22-28 250+ yds 3Td on all-pro
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2014, 05:44 PM   #76
Rookie

NoFlyZoneAzCards's Arena

Everyone in this thread are you playing in CFM owner or coach?

Last edited by NoFlyZoneAzCards; 09-06-2014 at 07:00 PM.
Old 09-06-2014, 06:52 PM   #77
Rookie

tattoosandcigars's Arena

I'm playing owner, putting the bolts in Portland to become the snow hawks.

Old 09-06-2014, 10:01 PM   #78
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tattoosandcigars
I'm playing owner, putting the bolts in Portland to become the snow hawks.

Ahhh great to put em in PDX but gotta go wight the Lumberjacks! Haha

Soccer- Timbers & Everton
Old 09-06-2014, 10:02 PM   #79
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFlyZoneAzCards
Everyone in this thread are you playing in CFM owner or coach?
Coach right now, until I figure out how to actually make money consistently

Soccer- Timbers & Everton
Old 09-06-2014, 10:06 PM   #80
Rookie

NoFlyZoneAzCards's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGardner3
Coach right now, until I figure out how to actually make money consistently
Oh alright yeah until they come out with a patch. I'm on week 10 in my CFM

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »