Home

Precision Modifier for running.

This is a discussion on Precision Modifier for running. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2014, 07:35 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Precision Modifier for running.

I can't seem to use it right for running. When I call iso or dive plays and hold the LT trigger, my back seems to put his head down and slow up. How are you guys using this for running the ball? I appreciate any feed back thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2014, 09:28 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Precision Modifier for running.

Here's what I do-

Dive plays- Dont even use L2. These are downhill plays. Take a split second after the handoff without pushing either trigger, then see the hole and explode through it with R2 (acceleration burst)

Stretch, Power, Base, Zone plays- on these your going to want to use L2 to find your hole

There is a great thread on the Next gen forums that helps a lot.

Its called Help with Running or somethin like that hope i could help
Old 08-29-2014, 10:10 AM   #3
Rookie

This is for Madden 25 on 360 btw

It can be a pain in the ***, the worst is when I accidently "tap" the LT for a second and my guy does a "studder step" which just totally kills his speed and he gets tackled.

Or the game thinks I want to to do a "studder step" after running someone over or making them miss and I'm in the clear and you get tackled again.

If you're running right up the middle you probably only want to use the LT to truck people with a power back. It seems to make you more powerful at trucking as compared to without holding LT but if you hold the truck stick too long your guy will start to fall down forward and you need to correct his balance with the RS. This can be how it gets confusing and you end up stopping yourself and getting tackled with the LT.

The LT with jukes does big jump cuts like Ladanian Tomlinson used to do, I use it a lot, I think the jukes without the LT are good for making quick cuts without slowing down. The LT juke can be used when you're running close to sideways and defenders are chasing you, which is also probably one of the only times that studder step is of any use.

I don't use the spin that much but want to start, the normal spin is like it has always been except maybe not as powerful and you can spin into a hit stick. The LT spin your guy steps one way and then back spins the other and looks sick but seems very hard to set up and get your guy spinning the way you want.

The LT I guess gives you a better chance and different animations for the stiff arm but my timing isn't great I guess because when I do use it it;s rare that the back totally breraks the tackle and keeps going. I hold the stiff arm button don't know if you're supposed to mash it repeatedly.

Don't forget that you can use LT and Y to hurdle over defenders. It can be sweet when you're running down the sideline and your guy will step out of bounds if you try to juke back into the field. Sometimes you jump right over the defender especially if they don't have a great angle and dive low, then you keep running full speed to the endzone. You're exposed to a big hit fumble and injury if they go high and nail you, best near the sideline so it can go out of bounds if you fumble.

You can also use LT and X to dive over your blockers like on the goalline, although sometimes the guy just dives along the ground and it doesnt look as sweet.

You can also do a big back juke, double juke, juke-spin etc with the sticks but it's hard to do all the combos.

Try the practice modes or skill trainers. Try playing without using the sprint until you're in the clear. If you're using a guy like Adrian Peterson it's easy to sprint past your blockers right into the D and be on top of them before you can even use your moves instead of setting up your blockers and the D and trying to defeat tacklers instead of just running by them.
Old 08-30-2014, 08:28 PM   #4
Pro

Basically you want to use the precision modifier before you hit the hole. Previous Madden games you wanted to get on the speed burst right away. This one I find that when you are behind the line looking for a hole have the modifier held, makes your jukes and moves quicker and smoother then when you get your lane, let go of it and hit the speed burst. This year's game is more intuitive running and less cheese. I love this game!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »