Home

I Am Terrible at Defense

This is a discussion on I Am Terrible at Defense within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2014, 09:29 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 17
Re: I Am Terrible at Defense

remember your CB wil trail the man hes covering 90% pf the time unless he knows the route the receiver is about to run. on slants...make sure you have a man in the middle to cover. if theres no one playing the middle...then you need to audible you CB to play to the middle and jump the route..if the receiver makes a move to the outside and you have a SS FS playing the top he should have a decent jump on the route..pressure is essential to getting the QB to throw inaccurate pass
I am glad I got the Buell- I love riding it, I love the oddball looks I get on the road- I love people asking "What IS that thing?" I love flying into a corner WAY too hot, scared spitless and sure I'll never hold it at this speed- and hearing the bike whisper "Sissy!"...
Old 09-02-2014, 11:31 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

Also I have noticed that they added the other new feature to the defense on both sides user/CPU called SUCTION 2.0 I can run a LB TO THE OUTSIDE AND IT WILL FORCE ME TO GO INSIDE TO TACKLE THE DAMN RB THAT EXCAPES TO THE OUTSIDE.

Old 09-03-2014, 02:35 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnum
Or your DB having poor 'awareness' or 'play recognition'...
No, I don't think this is the issue, I had several more instances in one game last night, in one my cb was man to man on the wr who was running a post, part way through the pattern the cb began running back towards the line of scrimage, leaving the wr wide open for an easy touchdown. Made no sense, this has to be an ai glitch, I haven't seen it happen to the CPU defence at all and it happens several times a game with my dbs.

I think this is part of the problem with the high cpu passing percentages as well, the blown coverages lead to easy big pass plays. Next time you give up a big one to a wide open receiver go back to replay and take a close look to see if this is what happened, it can't just be happening to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2014, 05:07 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3

Speakig of Defense. Does any one know how to get you safties to cover the inside middle of the field? I believe M25 you could bring it up and select it . I can't seem to find it this year on the 360.
Old 09-03-2014, 08:13 PM   #13
Rookie

someone tested the title update for xbox 360? yesterday I caught her and apparently defenders are more easily recognizing plays.

Against the Packers, I allowed less than 300 yards in the last matches, forcing fumbles, sacks and getting interceptions often.

I also think that the practice is important to discover the best formations on defense according to the situation and the best adjustments before the snap, reading the attack. Playing more times you can improve it, adapt to new commands and improve your reaction time on defense and agility to execute the right move.
Old 09-03-2014, 09:30 PM   #14
Rookie

Man, I'm slowly starting to get the hang of defense, however I don't really like the player movements in the open field.

One thing I'm noticing is that my user controlled player does not react when I press swat or intercept. I thought maybe it's a timing thing, but after more time in the lab....no, they just don't react.
Old 09-04-2014, 08:48 AM   #15
Rookie

Richrolla I totally agree with u on that seems to just go right over the users head or right threw the hands. Also I have had problem with when the CPU sacks my QB and he loses the ball one of there linemen always dives and INT why is that? Does it happen in real life that much? And CPU QB in preseason the back ups and some starters go for like 20/20 with 250 passing like no other and it seem to change when I got to regular season a little even tho they still complete 85% of the passes. All madden maybe that's why?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2014, 04:09 PM   #16
Banned

HornetsKing's Arena

Having the problem on defense as well with the user controlled player. In coverage not getting a response when going for user interceptions on the player you start in control of , sometimes will get a hands up animation which looks rediculous , it does not matter if i start on lb , s , cb cant get them to respond. Having no issues on switching then going for the int that gets a response every time , im strictly speaking of staying on one player from the start of the play.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »