Home

It's the little things, or...

This is a discussion on It's the little things, or... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2014, 03:45 PM   #1
Rookie

JoeyV9009's Arena

OVR: 0
It's the little things, or...

Maybe I'm the only one who really tries to get every detail perfect, and this may count as nitpicking a tad but...

Before actual play time, I like making sure players gear matches what the player as IRL... Is it honestly THAAAT hard for EA to put in single arm sleeves and/or single arm half sleeves? (They can do it for RG3 but no one else?)

Or certain face masks?(Russell Wilson, speed revo-3-bar straight;; IRL is a single top bar, on game is a double bar) How about forearm wrist bands so we don't have to choose wrist or elbow for people like Aaron Rodgers?

Sorry for the mini-vent, but looking to see if I'm the only one who really harps on things like this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2014, 05:16 PM   #2
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: It's the little things, or...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyV9009
Maybe I'm the only one who really tries to get every detail perfect, and this may count as nitpicking a tad but...

Before actual play time, I like making sure players gear matches what the player as IRL... Is it honestly THAAAT hard for EA to put in single arm sleeves and/or single arm half sleeves? (They can do it for RG3 but no one else?)

Or certain face masks?(Russell Wilson, speed revo-3-bar straight;; IRL is a single top bar, on game is a double bar) How about forearm wrist bands so we don't have to choose wrist or elbow for people like Aaron Rodgers?

Sorry for the mini-vent, but looking to see if I'm the only one who really harps on things like this.

IM probably not as picky with football as I am with baseball or basketball, but I do like having things accurate. I know whenever i see 1 of my Reds players chage gear I do it in my franchise, but football I gues I dont pay that much attention to. With all the rule changes over the years I have lost a lot of interest anyway on the NFL, and if baseball or basketball is on Im lucky to catch much of a football game, unless The Dolphins or Colts is on TV, or if Peyton Manning is playing, even though I grew up hating the Broncos cause of Elway,lol.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 09-15-2014, 06:37 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:

I'm with you. Picking up Madden tomorrow so I don't know how inaccurate it is yet, but in general I tend to notice things other people probably don't care about. I also hate having limited customization options in general; with all the fantastic things that can be done with modern consoles you'd think it wouldn't be a big deal to add in a large selection of gear and that sorta thing.
Old 09-16-2014, 01:30 PM   #4
Rookie

JoeyV9009's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulprophet
I'm with you. Picking up Madden tomorrow so I don't know how inaccurate it is yet, but in general I tend to notice things other people probably don't care about. I also hate having limited customization options in general; with all the fantastic things that can be done with modern consoles you'd think it wouldn't be a big deal to add in a large selection of gear and that sorta thing.
I guess that's my frustration with it. I'm not a game developer, but just based off what they already do, I find it exhausting to convince myself there are things they CAN'T. Especially when it comes to gear/accessories.

Seeing all the progress through years of the NBA 2k franchise, makes me wonder what COULD be if there was another NFL 2K.
Old 09-16-2014, 01:57 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
I guess that's my frustration with it. I'm not a game developer, but just based off what they already do, I find it exhausting to convince myself there are things they CAN'T. Especially when it comes to gear/accessories.

Seeing all the progress through years of the NBA 2k franchise, makes me wonder what COULD be if there was another NFL 2K.
I think it's just a matter of priorities. The focus always seems to be on updating the rosters, incrementally improving the graphics and maybe adding or tweaking a few shiny new game modes or features. There doesn't seem to be much focus on adding small details like better/more gear, more appearance options, better sim stats, etc. Probably because that isn't as easy to sell to the average consumer, which is what Madden aims for. In the process, seems like the more hardcore fans get the shaft.

I've more or less given up on ever having another NFL 2K, but that would be so fantastic.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »