Home

Help me decide on a team for CFM!

This is a discussion on Help me decide on a team for CFM! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2014, 11:15 PM   #1
MVP

JG80's Arena

OVR: 0

I'm going to start my CFM tomorrow but I don't know with who yet. Here's my list.

1. Saints-My favorite team of course.

2. Cowboys-Return to the glory days?

3. Falcons-I really have respect for this team, even though they are our rivals.

4. Texans-One of my friend's favorite team.

You all have to help me out! Please!

Sent from Nawlins.

Last edited by JG80; 09-16-2014 at 04:12 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2014, 11:37 PM   #2
MVP

RONDO4LIFE's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Help me decide on a team for CFM!

What are you aiming to accomplish? A rebuild? Have fun with a quality team? Or a mix of both?
Old 09-15-2014, 11:42 PM   #3
MVP

JG80's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RONDO4LIFE
What are you aiming to accomplish? A rebuild? Have fun with a quality team? Or a mix of both?

I like a good mix which is why the majority of the teams on my list are sleeper teams. It helps strive longevity in my franchise.

Sent from Nawlins.
Old 09-16-2014, 12:57 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

I'm probably biased being a Cowboys fan, but I think they're one of the most interesting options both long- and short-term. I don't know how you like to play, but I try to restrict myself to only a limited amount of roster moves, and only things that I could realistically see happening.

So, for me..

Short-term, they have enough talent to compete but they could be built into a real power with some savvy use of trades, signings and/or developing key players. The offense is pretty stacked, which is always fun. The defense is very young and pretty talented, but obviously needs some work to compete with the big boys.

Long-term, I think they strike a good balance. They're good (and young) enough to compete for years, especially with a dominant OL and promising WR group, but there are still some issues that will need to be addressed over time. Both Romo and Witten will need to be replaced eventually, and the defensive rebuild will require additional work via the draft and possibly free agency.

I think the Texans are a really interesting team too, though. Do you continue the focus on building a dominant defense, or do you start spending resources to upgrade the beleaguered offense? Can you manage to do both?
Old 09-16-2014, 08:10 AM   #5
MVP

JG80's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulprophet
I'm probably biased being a Cowboys fan, but I think they're one of the most interesting options both long- and short-term. I don't know how you like to play, but I try to restrict myself to only a limited amount of roster moves, and only things that I could realistically see happening.

So, for me..

Short-term, they have enough talent to compete but they could be built into a real power with some savvy use of trades, signings and/or developing key players. The offense is pretty stacked, which is always fun. The defense is very young and pretty talented, but obviously needs some work to compete with the big boys.

Long-term, I think they strike a good balance. They're good (and young) enough to compete for years, especially with a dominant OL and promising WR group, but there are still some issues that will need to be addressed over time. Both Romo and Witten will need to be replaced eventually, and the defensive rebuild will require additional work via the draft and possibly free agency.

I think the Texans are a really interesting team too, though. Do you continue the focus on building a dominant defense, or do you start spending resources to upgrade the beleaguered offense? Can you manage to do both?

You make a good point. I scratched off the lions and bears from my list. 3 more to go!

Sent from Nawlins.

Last edited by JG80; 09-16-2014 at 04:11 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2014, 05:47 PM   #6
Rookie

NightOwl's Arena

OVR: 10

I love the NFL and for that reason (and the Rams leaving L.A.) I struggle with this same thing every year. I don't have a TRUE "favorite" NFL team. Partially because I play fantasy and root for everyone. I started following the Bills a few years ago after dominating with them online when they were terrible. After that, the rumors started about them possibly moving to L.A. awhile ago so I got even more interested. Then those went away.
Like I said,I guess you could say I'm stuck without a true favorite NFL team. I played Pop Warner years ago on the Seahawks so I have ties to them as well along with my parents visiting Seattle every year for a business trip, so I have plenty of Seahawks stuff. But.
One thing I've noticed every year I play Madden? I can't stand playing with my so-called "favorite" teams! I don't have any clue why! I tend to always play with so-called bad teams. I've played as the Browns the past couple of years trying to defy the odds and get Cleveland to the SB. This is where I find the most fun in Madden. It's those teams in smaller markets, without big time pro bowl names everyone knows, but guys who are good enough to get the job done in the NFL. This is where the game is fun for me. I'm rather good at this game so it's not very fun for me to be the best teams and never lose and I use my own ridiculously hard sliders as it is. I want to lose, as weird as that may sound. So in conclusion: find yourself a "bad" team or a team that is so close to being good, say for instance, the Cardinals (who should've been in the playoffs last year, but that's a whole different debate) and defy the odds (if you're able to) and it will make this game that much sweeter for you. Don't limit yourself to the Falcons, Cowboys, Saints, or Texans. Open it up. Test out some games with the Bills, Browns, Titans, Raiders, etc. All teams with great young talent that are fun to play with.
Personally, I'm going to start one with the Browns and then later on the Raiders. Why the Raiders? I go to Fresno State so I have that connection to Carr and want to see him do good. Look for the little things that make this game fun.
A teams that is young, or has some stout rookies, is the things I love to look for. And from there, "just win, baby."

Last edited by NightOwl; 09-16-2014 at 05:49 PM.
Old 09-16-2014, 06:24 PM   #7
MVP

JG80's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightOwl
I love the NFL and for that reason (and the Rams leaving L.A.) I struggle with this same thing every year. I don't have a TRUE "favorite" NFL team. Partially because I play fantasy and root for everyone. I started following the Bills a few years ago after dominating with them online when they were terrible. After that, the rumors started about them possibly moving to L.A. awhile ago so I got even more interested. Then those went away.
Like I said,I guess you could say I'm stuck without a true favorite NFL team. I played Pop Warner years ago on the Seahawks so I have ties to them as well along with my parents visiting Seattle every year for a business trip, so I have plenty of Seahawks stuff. But.
One thing I've noticed every year I play Madden? I can't stand playing with my so-called "favorite" teams! I don't have any clue why! I tend to always play with so-called bad teams. I've played as the Browns the past couple of years trying to defy the odds and get Cleveland to the SB. This is where I find the most fun in Madden. It's those teams in smaller markets, without big time pro bowl names everyone knows, but guys who are good enough to get the job done in the NFL. This is where the game is fun for me. I'm rather good at this game so it's not very fun for me to be the best teams and never lose and I use my own ridiculously hard sliders as it is. I want to lose, as weird as that may sound. So in conclusion: find yourself a "bad" team or a team that is so close to being good, say for instance, the Cardinals (who should've been in the playoffs last year, but that's a whole different debate) and defy the odds (if you're able to) and it will make this game that much sweeter for you. Don't limit yourself to the Falcons, Cowboys, Saints, or Texans. Open it up. Test out some games with the Bills, Browns, Titans, Raiders, etc. All teams with great young talent that are fun to play with.
Personally, I'm going to start one with the Browns and then later on the Raiders. Why the Raiders? I go to Fresno State so I have that connection to Carr and want to see him do good. Look for the little things that make this game fun.
A teams that is young, or has some stout rookies, is the things I love to look for. And from there, "just win, baby."

First I made a top 10 of which teams I wanted to play as the most. I then narrowed it to 5, but I'm ready to start as...the Cowboys!

I've never had a franchise with them so why not?

Sent from Nawlins.
Old 09-19-2014, 11:59 PM   #8
Rookie

See you picked the Cowboys should be fun Dez is a beast and Murray is a good RB, your D should make for plenty of high scoring games.

NFC East means you get to go against Eagles and Redskins playbooks which should be fun.

I'm a Falcons fan and imagine they would be fun Julio the beast on offense, Roddy has been crippled to like 88 speed but Douglas is fast and Hester is very fast, the RB Antone Smith is fast and the rook Freeman is quick. Ryan's stats are crappier than they should be (maybe they'll get a boost after smoking the Bucs) but can be upgraded.

Plus the complete and utter lack of pass rushers should mean plenty of fun shoot outs coming down to the wire.

Personally I haven't done a franchise with the real teams just fantasy draft.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »