Home

CFL Mode in Madden

This is a discussion on CFL Mode in Madden within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-29-2004, 06:02 PM   #41
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: CFL Mode in Madden

Ah, but if the NFL never came to an agreement with the now defunct WLAF (World League of American Football) then it'd be in a situation that's WORSE then the CFL's.

I remember the one (or was it two?) seasons when that league had American teams and it did POORLY all around in the North American cities. Interestingly the Montreal franchise did great business but that was before the Alouettes came back to the CFL (They were folded after the '85 season and they weren't even called Alouettes. They were the Concordes!)

Anyways WLAF went away for 2 years where they came to an agreement with the NFL to be a feeder system of sorts and got repackaged as NFLE. The first few years there wasn't even broadcasting in North America except for the World Bowl.

The NFL has a financial arrangement with the CFL and there is a stronger symbiosis between both leagues as the NFL often takes fliers on CFL talent and when NFL cuts are made every CFL team brings in at least one guy or two because they didn't get a chance due to size or whatever in the NFL.

Anyways I found this neat comparison of both league's rules and stuff (getting page)

Comparing Canadian and American Rules:An overview for fans with some previous knowledge of either system

I found it on a CFL fan page but it's pretty objective for the most part tho the guy got the part about timeouts in the American game wrong as 2 minute warning is in both halfs.

Anyways take a look.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2004, 06:55 PM   #42
D*tr**t F*nb*y

lionsfan49's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:

SportsmanTO said:
Ah, but if the NFL never came to an agreement with the now defunct WLAF (World League of American Football) then it'd be in a situation that's WORSE then the CFL's.

I guess I dont understand the point of this statement.
IF? Ok, thats great. Whats the point though? An agreement was made...
I will now use 2 of my favorite "IF" sentences.
IF this was a bar, we'd all be drunk.
IF my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle.

Old 04-29-2004, 07:11 PM   #43
binging

SPTO's Arena

Point is the WLAF was competition like the USFL and WFL before them. The NFL only made that agreement with them because the CFL was still in dire straits and they'd never go for anything that would make the League seem minor league as it's the oldest professional league of any sort in Canada.
Old 04-29-2004, 07:17 PM   #44
D*tr**t F*nb*y

lionsfan49's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:

SportsmanTO said:
Point is the WLAF was competition like the USFL and WFL before them. The NFL only made that agreement with them because the CFL was still in dire straits and they'd never go for anything that would make the League seem minor league as it's the oldest professional league of any sort in Canada.

Ahh, ok. Thanks for the clarification.
Old 04-30-2004, 02:06 AM   #45
NYG_Meth

VanCitySportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 23

Dammit I demand CFL mode for Madden!!!

It would be great to see Simon tear up Bailey or Simpson smacking Portis across the field.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2004, 02:10 AM   #46
MVP

Donovan's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:

asianflow said:
Dammit I demand CFL mode for Madden!!!

It would be great to see Simon tear up Bailey or Simpson smacking Portis across the field.

As much as I wouldnt mind seeing it it just wont happen. Not only that they would never have the players named correctly, why bother. There diffrent games. Let these Americans go on watching their firework show and we can enjoy the CFL ourselves. Its lasted nearly 200 years, through the expansion disaster and it will not die. In fact the league is in better financial shape than it has been in 30 years.

Add NFLE, it would be more realistic. And just hope somewhere down the road a half decent company sees a niche in a CFL game, but with 35 million people in Canada, dont hold your breath.
Old 04-30-2004, 02:21 AM   #47
binging

SPTO's Arena

If Bowling and billiards can have a niche audience then I can't see how the CFL wouldn't have a following of some kind. Maybe they could hire Warren Moon or Doug Flutie to be a spokesperson for said game or even better maybe one of the current guys like Jeff Garcia or Ricky Ray (if he's given a decent shot in NY)
Old 04-30-2004, 02:26 AM   #48
MVP

Donovan's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:

SportsmanTO said:
If Bowling and billiards can have a niche audience then I can't see how the CFL wouldn't have a following of some kind. Maybe they could hire Warren Moon or Doug Flutie to be a spokesperson for said game or even better maybe one of the current guys like Jeff Garcia or Ricky Ray (if he's given a decent shot in NY)

Yah thats true and dont get me wrong I love the idea and would buy a game no matter what, but i want a good game. I remember playing a game for ps1 called smash lacrosse a while back and i worry a CFL game would be as [censored] as that, make it good or dont make it at all

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »