Home

CFL Mode in Madden

This is a discussion on CFL Mode in Madden within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-30-2004, 06:31 PM   #57
MVP

Donovan's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: CFL Mode in Madden

Yah Thanks buddy, I dont need the history lesson. Moon won 5 Grey Cups in a row in the stadium 12 blocks from my house. I have a signed jersey on the wall of my living room
Old 04-30-2004, 07:31 PM   #58
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:

lionsfan49 said:
Quote:

SportsmanTO said:
Ah, but if the NFL never came to an agreement with the now defunct WLAF (World League of American Football) then it'd be in a situation that's WORSE then the CFL's.

I guess I dont understand the point of this statement.
IF? Ok, thats great. Whats the point though? An agreement was made...
I will now use 2 of my favorite "IF" sentences.
IF this was a bar, we'd all be drunk.
IF my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle.

One more, if If's were a 5th we'd all be drunk!
Old 04-30-2004, 08:50 PM   #59
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

When did Moon go to the NFL "goes and check" ok 1984.

Well if you had watched the 1981 Grey Cup game as a wee little lad you'd have noticed that through the first half Mr. Moon was getting sacked and swarmed by the Ottawa Rough Riders defense. In fact Moon was so frustrated and bad that he had to be replaced by his backup for a chunk of the game.

Of course the young Rough Riders team got too cocky in the 2nd half and Moon was able to lead the Esks to a comeback but the fact remains if his skills were already there and he was so superior he wouldn't have been benched. In fact I believe the early part of his CFL career he split duties with his backup. Donovan could tell me if i'm right or wrong but I seem to remember that to be the case.
Old 04-30-2004, 09:03 PM   #60
MVP

Donovan's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:

SportsmanTO said:
In fact I believe the early part of his CFL career he split duties with his backup. Donovan could tell me if i'm right or wrong but I seem to remember that to be the case.

Damn rights Sportsman, Moon didnt start or finish the 1979 Grey Cup, first of 5 straight. Tom Wilkinson is a hall of Fame CFLer and won that Grey Cup. "Wilkie" also started the 1980 season (2nd Grey Cup of 5 in a row) before being replaced by Moon after an injury plagued season. The rest as we say is history.

The talent levels even today are closer than youd imagine. I really hope Mike Williams and/or Maurice Clarett come up here for a season until theyr draft eligible (if they dont make the supplement draft) because youll see that the talent is pretty good and a guy like Williams whos a supreme NFL talent wouldnt have his way with a CFL defence or DB.
Old 05-01-2004, 12:44 AM   #61
H*ll *f F*m*

OVR: 28

Quote:

DonovanMD said:
Quote:

SportsmanTO said:
In fact I believe the early part of his CFL career he split duties with his backup. Donovan could tell me if i'm right or wrong but I seem to remember that to be the case.

Damn rights Sportsman, Moon didnt start or finish the 1979 Grey Cup, first of 5 straight. Tom Wilkinson is a hall of Fame CFLer and won that Grey Cup. "Wilkie" also started the 1980 season (2nd Grey Cup of 5 in a row) before being replaced by Moon after an injury plagued season. The rest as we say is history.

The talent levels even today are closer than youd imagine. I really hope Mike Williams and/or Maurice Clarett come up here for a season until theyr draft eligible (if they dont make the supplement draft) because youll see that the talent is pretty good and a guy like Williams whos a supreme NFL talent wouldnt have his way with a CFL defence or DB.

I'd love to see that aswell...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2004, 01:51 AM   #62
NYG_Meth

VanCitySportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 23

Mike Williams and Maurice Clarett would never play in the CFL. They would be stupid to jeopordize their healthy playing in the CFL. I heard Mike Williams agent on the Rome show, and he asked him if Mike would play in the CFL, and the agent said no way that would happen. He wouldn't play for that small of a salary and it's not worth the risk to his health.

As for the NFL and CFL talk, I'm a fan of both leagues. Both leagues are exciting but I prefer the CFL's quick pace (less timeouts, more passing, more scoring, and only a 20 sec play clock).

Either way long live the NFL and CFL.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »