Home

The Response

This is a discussion on The Response within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2004, 04:58 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 11
The Response

What do you guys think EA has up their sleeves to counter ESPN's news released recently and when do you think they will let it out of the bag?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2004, 05:06 PM   #2
H*ll *f F*m*

OVR: 28
Re: The Response

For me personally, all they have to say is "We're on XBL..it's official" and I'll forget about ESPN for the time being. I don't think EA will tell us anything till E3, I personally think VC should have kept this info secret till E3. I think EA and XBL will be the main event of E3. (other then Halo 2 being playable)
Old 05-02-2004, 05:31 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 10

I dont think Madden can match what ESPN has done. Then again, they really dont have too. As long as they change the year and the guy on the cover, they will out sell ESPN 6 to 1, which is a shame if you think about it. If past Maddens are any indication, they will add a few gimmicks and tweak the graphics a little. I hope that ESPN sells well this year so that Madden steps it up and makes some REAL improvements and changes to Madden next year.
Old 05-02-2004, 05:52 PM   #4
Pro

Erratic's Arena

OVR: 6

you guys make it sound like ESPN announced everything. Both comapanies will reveal they biggest advancements at E3. EA will of course reveal more than ESPN, due to IGS recent info release, but both still have not told us everything yet.
Old 05-02-2004, 06:00 PM   #5
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

Quote:

Erratic said:
you guys make it sound like ESPN announced everything. Both comapanies will reveal they biggest advancements at E3. EA will of course reveal more than ESPN, due to IGS recent info release, but both still have not told us everything yet.

ESPN told us alot they have nothing else to tell, not a bad
thing !! Now lets see how it will work !! Madden will probably tell us more about the hitting stick and defense hot routes. Madden don't have overhaul the franchise mode like ESPN..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2004, 06:25 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 18

madden will most likely say online franchises for ps2 only...while allowing head to head play on xbox live...

is it possible ea will announce as many or more improvements yes...is it likely...probably not...

it wouldnt make sense for ea to do as much as espn...cause they are not in a need for sales...madden has grossed like a quarter billion the last several years...their doing just fine
Old 05-02-2004, 07:03 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:

mvb34 said:
Quote:

Erratic said:

ESPN told us alot they have nothing else to tell, not a bad
thing !! Now lets see how it will work !! Madden will probably tell us more about the hitting stick and defense hot routes. Madden don't have overhaul the franchise mode like ESPN..

Actually ESPN has some more.
Old 05-02-2004, 08:10 PM   #8
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

People don't forget WHO we are talking about, EA can match just about anything thrown there way. So don't have this SEGA superior thing just yet. EA will defend there crown no doubt they will, we have to just wait and see.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »