Home

Pay to Play...is it Possible

This is a discussion on Pay to Play...is it Possible within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-07-2004, 09:01 PM   #9
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Pay to Play...is it Possible

Quote:

LBzrule said:
It probably IS true, but I highly DOUBT you will see it this year. It's just a survey most likely for down the line.

Probably.
Old 05-07-2004, 09:11 PM   #10
PSU
Banned

PSU's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:

jmood88 said:
Quote:

PSU said:
i highly doubt this is true, and i just find it to be a some joke that someone started

The guy got sent an email that talked about it. I doubt he went through all the trouble of making that stuff up for fun.

ya i just saw this on a different site so it is true, but i still doubt the paying to play will be the case when the games ship
Old 05-07-2004, 09:20 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 6

The survey is definitely legit, I got it too. A lot of them were a yearly cost which wouldn't be too bad. Like 29.99 for a whole year is only just over $2/month
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2004, 09:27 PM   #12
Pro

OVR: 6

The thing is..

The subscription plans listed are for Madden, not all EA Sports games..

So if I play Madden, MVP, and NHL, I am going to have to spend $30 a month?

You've got to be kidding me.

Playing online is fun, but if I have to pay $10 a month for each sports game I play online, then I will end up paying more for EA online play than I do for cable internet every month.

Again, this will likely happen in the future, but it will be met with fierce opposition, because people have been playing for free for awhile now, and they like it.

I can see paying for a "larger" subscriptiong.. Like XBox Live. That supports many games. Paying a monthly fee for each individual EA Sports game is ridiculous, and I don't see it being something that others will do, regardless of whether they can afford it or not.
Old 05-07-2004, 09:38 PM   #13
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

I'll pay to play.. I waste my money on worst things...
Old 05-07-2004, 09:50 PM   #14
Pro

RustedWalleye's Arena

OVR: 15

They want me to pay to play, then they better eliminate the idiots, the cheesers, and the quitters. Quit rewarding the idiots and reward the people that play the game, that or segment the people. Cheeser group, normal play group. They successfully accomplish that then I would seriously consider paying to play an EA game.

Since that is unlikely to happen then forget it.

Other idea is release two versions. One that has online enabled for $100 and one that does not have online enabled for the standard $50. Forget this pay to play per month crap. Just jack up the cost of the game for those who want it.
Old 05-07-2004, 11:51 PM   #15
Pro

OVR: 5

I got the same kind of email about this and if they do indeed do it then I hope they don't run the price of it through the roof.

Also I hope that they do some of the things that the X Box people do for there system when it comes to online. Otherwise I'm not doing online when this takes effect.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2004, 11:22 AM   #16
Banned

OVR: 12

I think they've had these kinds of surveys before. Not sure if EA contracted some polling company or if some third party is doing it on their own.

Looks like they're just laying out various scenarios and seeing if there's any specific interest. Cheat codes? Signed merchandise? Tickets to games?

Anyways, the only appealing thing is online leagues but there is no way I'm paying $7 a month for it. Maybe $10 for a whole year with as many seasons as you can fit into that year.

Madden was popular but all the other EA games weren't that popular online. And compared to SOCOM II, Madden online wasn't that big.

Still, all the game companies said they want to charge for online with the next generation of consoles and we're about two years away. Even then, they have to realize that for basic online play, not that many gamers are going to shell out a monthly fee.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »