Home

just left the e3 show!

This is a discussion on just left the e3 show! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-13-2004, 03:46 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: just left the e3 show!

I just think its funny how everyone fights about this. Like someone said there are blinders. Most Madden peeps dont want to hear it and wont listen regardless of what the ESPNers say and vica versa. Personally, i like Madden, ESPN might be great but its not my cup of tea, a friend usually buys it so i see it.

Its kind of like a car though, if people say a car sucks but you drive it and like it then you buy it same thing with nfl games, people say espn sux or madden sux but if its what youi like then who cares. It would be nice if there could be constructive conversation about these games not just one side saying the others suck
Old 05-13-2004, 03:55 PM   #58
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 1

Quote:

jew1jew said:
I just think its funny how everyone fights about this. Like someone said there are blinders. Most Madden peeps dont want to hear it and wont listen regardless of what the ESPNers say and vica versa. Personally, i like Madden, ESPN might be great but its not my cup of tea, a friend usually buys it so i see it.

Its kind of like a car though, if people say a car sucks but you drive it and like it then you buy it same thing with nfl games, people say espn sux or madden sux but if its what youi like then who cares. It would be nice if there could be constructive conversation about these games not just one side saying the others suck

... I mentioned the blinders.

Are you a lurker? Or are you new to the site altogether? Anyways, welcome. And yes, nice constructive conversation is nice.
Old 05-13-2004, 04:10 PM   #59
Banned

OVR: 21

I love a good discussion or, even better, a good debate or argument. I just don't like closed-minded people. And it always seems like there are more of them who are Madden fans, than there are ESPN fans. Not sure why that it, but it might be a topic for a whole different thread.

Otherwise, I look forward each year to discussing the pros and cons of both games. Too much of the pros or too much of the negatives is when I start to lose interest.
Old 05-13-2004, 05:38 PM   #60
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:

jew1jew said:

thought the last two posts were constructive.

btw, i agree with you goober, 150%.
Old 05-13-2004, 06:30 PM   #61
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:

GTheorenHobbes said:
I love a good discussion or, even better, a good debate or argument. I just don't like closed-minded people. And it always seems like there are more of them who are Madden fans, than there are ESPN fans. Not sure why that it, but it might be a topic for a whole different thread.

Otherwise, I look forward each year to discussing the pros and cons of both games. Too much of the pros or too much of the negatives is when I start to lose interest.

YES!! i'll answer that!!--because alot of espn fans are madden gamers on sundays --they don't just stick to fanboyism..they play both games before msking ridiculous comments--to me that hold more weight than,never playing & making ridiculous posts...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2004, 08:51 PM   #62
MVP

OVR: 22

Quote:

deejay8595 said:
GUYS...I am not expecting madden 2005 to be a totally new game...The gameplay was good last year and it can only get better this year....Just because the mods and peeps that went to E3 says.."Madden didnt blow me away this year" dont give up on the game....To me ESPN will Get all the attention in the Presentation stage because of the ESPN license but to me Madden focuses more on gameplay....The focus on Defense will make this game hot.

There aint nothing wrong with that but the problem is..this is where Madden is having a problem if you know what i mean. They arent innovating anymore - Madden is starting to taste stale and arent doing enough to keep the game feeling fresh, this is the diffrence between ESPN and Madden.

Yes Madden plays good but so does ESPN - I'll spend my hard earned cash on a product that is fresh feeling and fun to play and i'll play my old Madden 04 this year if i feel the need to get some Madden in my blood. I aint dishing out my money on a product that feels stale.
Old 05-14-2004, 10:32 AM   #63
Pro

OVR: 6

From all the features they've added to Madden this year you'll be missing out on a lot by sticking with 04. But hey, that's your choice. I ain't knocking it.
Old 05-14-2004, 10:43 AM   #64
Pro

zpq12's Arena

OVR: 9

Hey you ESPN guys. Lay it out for me. Why is ESPN better? I'll admit I haven't really played it. Tell me why i should rent last years game to get a feel; and don't say 'durrr...cuz ya gotta try it'. I would be very interested in why you think this game is superior to my beloved Madden.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »