Home

EA is trying to give us bull instead of...

This is a discussion on EA is trying to give us bull instead of... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-12-2004, 11:58 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 3
EA is trying to give us bull instead of...

How many think that crap like create a fan is stupid [censored]? Why aren't they concentrating on

allowing people to use all teams online with real players from the past.Hell, if they signed 12000

FIFA players,they could sign most of the best NFL players from the past.I want to have regular

leagues, but I would love to have Classic football leagues with real players such as Joe Montana,

Jim Brown and other great players.

I'm sorry but creating a fan doesn't get me excited at all! Thousands of player animations,more

realistic weather affects,better framerate for hdtv settings, better camera angles, injury

animations,better playbook,roster conversion for any system.I think a bunch of wussies are making

most of these games and each year its getting too cheesy!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2004, 12:01 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 18
Re: EA is trying to give us bull instead of...

Quote:

Hell, if they signed 12000

FIFA players

nobody can deny that this is a good point
Old 05-13-2004, 12:02 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 6

hmmmmmmmmm..I coulda've swore that I heard about better defense and more animations so far at E3...
Old 05-13-2004, 01:45 AM   #4
NYG_Meth

VanCitySportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:

oldpro said:
How many think that crap like create a fan is stupid [censored]? Why aren't they concentrating on

allowing people to use all teams online with real players from the past.Hell, if they signed 12000

FIFA players,they could sign most of the best NFL players from the past.I want to have regular

leagues, but I would love to have Classic football leagues with real players such as Joe Montana,

Jim Brown and other great players.

I'm sorry but creating a fan doesn't get me excited at all! Thousands of player animations,more

realistic weather affects,better framerate for hdtv settings, better camera angles, injury

animations,better playbook,roster conversion for any system.I think a bunch of wussies are making

most of these games and each year its getting too cheesy!

Probably costs too much to liscense all the players. Besides if you want the legend players you can just edit the teams and players yourself.
Old 05-13-2004, 04:27 AM   #5
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:

I can. They do the same thing with FIFA as they do the NFL... it's called a Player's Association. It doesn't work quite the same with soccer, because it's not really a Union... it's more of an organization that exists to licence players. It's called FIFpro or something along those lines. The FIFA licence is probably more expensive than the NFL licence, but this has more to do with the fact that FIFA is a more popular game.

Beyond that, I'm pretty sure the clubs still own their player's trademark, a'la MLB before Curt Flood... thus I think the teams themselves are allowed to licence player names.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2004, 08:36 AM   #6
*S r*s*d*nt s*ck *xp*rt

ps2baseball's Arena

OVR: 10

if you want to play with the old rosters, try madden 94 for genesis

montana, aikman, etc are all in that game
Old 05-13-2004, 08:54 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:

adembroski said:
Quote:

I can. They do the same thing with FIFA as they do the NFL... it's called a Player's Association. It doesn't work quite the same with soccer, because it's not really a Union... it's more of an organization that exists to licence players. It's called FIFpro or something along those lines. The FIFA licence is probably more expensive than the NFL licence, but this has more to do with the fact that FIFA is a more popular game.

Beyond that, I'm pretty sure the clubs still own their player's trademark, a'la MLB before Curt Flood... thus I think the teams themselves are allowed to licence player names.

That is wrong. After a player retires he is out of NFLPA and no one but the player himself can license his likeness to appear in anything.

As for the first point of this thread, i'd rather have improved gameplay, especially defense,, than licensed older players for online play. At least we can still change players for offline and play against friends using those edited rostes. That's fine by me.
Old 05-13-2004, 09:56 AM   #8
Pro

OVR: 6

Plenty of stuff dealing with gameplay in this article

http://www.maddenguides.com/madden2005e3.html

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »