Home

E3 videos..what do you think?

This is a discussion on E3 videos..what do you think? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-15-2004, 08:48 PM   #17
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40
Re: E3 videos..what do you think?

What level was the played on?? I hope it wasn't allpro.
Look like you still drop your QB back 20 yards and throw with no problems.(Not good)
Old 05-15-2004, 10:06 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 6

the game was played on rookie/pro mode
Old 05-15-2004, 10:41 PM   #19
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

Quote:

deejay8595 said:
the game was played on rookie/pro mode

Okay cool..
Old 05-15-2004, 10:58 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

actually the qb rolls out and back and there's no one around him so that's not that unrealistic he can throw it deep.
Old 05-15-2004, 10:58 PM   #21
PGH for GTA VI

spacefunk's Arena

OVR: 13

The lighting absolutely blew me away! Especially in the Chargers/Broncos videos. I have a PS2 though. If the lighting isn't this good in the PS2 version I'll get the PC version.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2004, 03:21 AM   #22
MVP

OVR: 8

I thought the graphics looked great, on par with ESPN and still retaining an edge in the fluidity of movement. But I didn't like the fact that it seemed-much like in 2004-that you were better off dropping back twenty yards than staying in the pocket, and the run blocking doesn't look like it has closed the gap on ESPN any.

Basically, it looks like the same game, just with better graphics and XBL play.
Old 05-16-2004, 04:22 AM   #23
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

i feel the game is a lot different.
graphics, animations, deeper franchise.
i saw a lot other games were they improved half of what madden 2005 improve and i still bought them. So i think EA include a lot of new stuff, to be named just "similar game as last year".-
Old 05-16-2004, 06:18 AM   #24
Banned

OVR: 26

I don't normally get into this rigormoro about whats better or who's better, I like both games equally. To compare Maddens graphics to ESPN's graphics this year, is an insult to ESPN. Trust me, I played both games extensively from wednesday to friday. Madden has Improved their graphics, and I liken it to NFL GameDay 98 going polygonal, when EA said it couldn't be done. We all know the final analyisis to that arguement. This game developed for the XBOX, forced my hand, called my bluff, and I ran out E3 like a little bitch and purchased an XBOX, cause it looked next generation to me and a whole lot of other gamers.

The dark videos you're seeing doesn't do this game justice, its a master piece for the 128 bit era. The OS guys, are trying to temper there enthusism about this game, there is no way this game is just a typical graphical upgrade from year to year, its evolutionary. Call me a fanboy, if you must or a graphics whore, and say what you want, but after seeing this game, you will also be that good ho that a pimp needs. 1up.com didn't nominate this game as an overall best graphics game, for sports only, this game was nominated for best graphics in show.

So when you see these videos, remember that degradation has taken place, to bring you the moving picture. Maddens cut screens, equal ESPN's gameplay screens, and thats no lie. At least from the E3 2004. Remember I'm only talking about graphics.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »