Home

what we know so far

This is a discussion on what we know so far within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-16-2004, 10:15 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: what we know so far

Quote:

Those icons have been there since Madden 2001. They just darkened them a little.

not sure if we are talking about the samething, if u look at the human vs human vids during the passing plays there is a yellow triangle that follows the ball. If thats been there since 2001, Ive never seen it.
Old 05-16-2004, 11:02 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:

Spin said:
Quote:

Those icons have been there since Madden 2001. They just darkened them a little.

not sure if we are talking about the samething, if u look at the human vs human vids during the passing plays there is a yellow triangle that follows the ball. If thats been there since 2001, Ive never seen it.

That is not in there and never has been. That is a new feature so I guess that guy is talking about something else.
Old 05-16-2004, 11:30 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:

3bitz said:
I thought the ability to change a players position was only on NCAA 2005,correct me if I'm wrong....

Nope, not just NCAA. It's available in Madden this year too!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2004, 11:31 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

"change plyer position...this is huge for me...no more having to keep a guy who has been relaesed in real life to fufuil pos req "

really? I never heard about this, just in wishlists. Could you please explain how this is supposed to work. Thanks, this feature would be great.
Old 05-16-2004, 11:37 PM   #13
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

before you play a game in franchise you can assign a new position to a player. they're ratings will drop since they aren't used to the new position but you can work with them to get their ratings up and get them comfortable in the new position. in game you won't be able to move players around like that to help against cheaters online.
Old 05-16-2004, 11:55 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:

wwharton said:
before you play a game in franchise you can assign a new position to a player. they're ratings will drop since they aren't used to the new position but you can work with them to get their ratings up and get them comfortable in the new position. in game you won't be able to move players around like that to help against cheaters online.

thanks wwarton..that saved me a real long explanation....but another way you can manipulate the rosters...is to change the positions around so you can cut the unwanted player...then just go back to the fa list and give him back his normal position...there will be a number of combinations you can use i assume to dump players that were actually cut....i shouldnt be much of a hastle...most 3rd string centers are also guards but now we can just make guard the primary pos and center the 2nd pos..and cut an unwanted guard that was released by the actuall team..of course this is all assumption on my part ...but the ability to change positions will no doubt make it 100% easier to have accurate rosters
Old 05-17-2004, 12:02 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 1

so does each position have a set position it can change to? Like a CB to S or WR type thing?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2004, 12:04 AM   #16
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:

dpgreen said:
so does each position have a set position it can change to? Like a CB to S or WR type thing?

thats how i understand it dp green

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »