Home

Madden NFL 2005 Soundtrack

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 2005 Soundtrack within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-20-2004, 06:59 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Madden NFL 2005 Soundtrack

that would be nice, but i will never happen. I'll be pisssed if they put in Chingy thinking hes what hip hop fans want to hear. A good thing tho is talib (one of my fav mcs) has an album dropping soon so they should have some great tracks to choose from.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2004, 08:27 PM   #26
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:

sportsdude said:
If Talib was on the game that would be awesome. Huge fan of Talib. I also wouldn't mind seeing some Beatnuts, Roots (without the stupid EA remix), Common, Blacklicious, Brother Ali, a lil Aesop Rock. That'd be awesome, but I'm probably just dreamin'.

I remember the Beatnuts had a hot song on Madden 2001 "Leave Em in The Dirt".
Old 05-21-2004, 03:00 PM   #27
Pro

Anybody heard "Sunday" by Lo-Pro? That song seems like a perfect fit for Madden to me.
Old 05-21-2004, 05:57 PM   #28
All Star

jt45's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:

Wsv771 said:
Anybody heard "Sunday" by Lo-Pro? That song seems like a perfect fit for Madden to me.

Great song, but a little old. Would def be old by the time the game comes out.
Old 05-21-2004, 06:54 PM   #29
Pro

Quote:

jt45 said:
Quote:

Wsv771 said:

Great song, but a little old. Would def be old by the time the game comes out.

Yeah good point. It still might be a possibility though. "Never Scared" and "Pump It Up" were out for a while before they were on Madden too. Actually, "Never Scared" was coming out on mixtapes in December of 2002 and they dragged that song out to death IMO.
Old 05-21-2004, 11:32 PM   #30
Pro

Quote:

jt45 said:
Quote:

elicoleman said:
Quote:

jt45 said:
I just saw on MTV that New Found Glory has been confirmed as one of the bands on the Madden soundtrack. Has anyone heard or seen anything about some other the other bands/artists that are going to be included.

I'm guessing that means "All Downhill From Here" will be on there likely. Its a good song.

Actually its not. Its their song they are going to release as their next single. I can't remember the title though.

Just saw on the GameFAQs board that the song is called "This Disaster".
Old 05-22-2004, 01:34 AM   #31
MVP

brahmagoul's Arena

OVR: 12

EATrax is just a bad idea. It's just a dumb promotional thing. What Madden needs is some NFL Films type music. As much as I like rap and hip hop, it doesn't really belong on Madden and neither does rock. Many times I've turned on mute and hummed to myself instead. lol. But last year, in customizing my playlist, my selection was very small.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2004, 07:01 AM   #32
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:

brahmagoul said:
EATrax is just a bad idea. It's just a dumb promotional thing. What Madden needs is some NFL Films type music. As much as I like rap and hip hop, it doesn't really belong on Madden and neither does rock. Many times I've turned on mute and hummed to myself instead. lol. But last year, in customizing my playlist, my selection was very small.

You're right, it is promotion. I love and collect hip-hop and R&B but because of the '80's, I know alot of Pop and Rock, at least from that era. I'm open-minded to ANY type of music as long as it is good. Now, Madden, with the music playing through the menus and the PA during gameplay is terrific promotion. How many times have you been humming a tune from EA trax, although you may even HATE that type of music, and it's all from being promoted on this game? It's gotten everyone that plays Madden. I know brothas now humming Good Charlotte and Andrew WK. Some of the songs are just infectious. Anyway, I believe that some artists are privileged by being signed to this project and it's definitely a good promotion tool for alot of bands/artists.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »