Home

EA Sports Throwback Trax

This is a discussion on EA Sports Throwback Trax within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-06-2004, 01:06 AM   #17
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: EA Sports Throwback Trax

Either way, Xbox baby! You can make your own tracks
Old 06-06-2004, 04:48 AM   #18
H*p H*p 4 H*rs*m*n

BigTigLSU's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:

Badgun said:
Quote:

Wsv771 said:
I was just watching G4 and on the news ticker it said that all of EA's 2005 sports titles would have "EA Sports Throwback Trax powered by Rhino." Anybody know anything about this? If it's what it sounds like, some of you guys may be getting your classic rock in.

Well Rhino records does do mostly reissues of older artists, so it would makes sense. Hopefully this is a sign that EA is going away from all of that rap crap that they've been shoving down our throat the last few years.

I think they should have wide range of music and especially have authenic staduim music. Stuff that gets played at real games. But Badgun I know your waiting fir it to go away but I promise it nevver will. So its time to get over it.
Old 06-06-2004, 05:10 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 2

Here ya go. It doesn't really matter to me since whether I get Madden or ESPN I'll be playing on Xbox. But I think it's an interesting move by EA.

From Billboard.com
http://www.billboard.com/bb/daily/ar..._id=1000525697

Quote:

Rhino Records and Electronic Arts have entered into a partnership that will bring the leading catalog-music label together with the world's No. 1 interactive software company on an initiative called EA Sports Throwback Trax Powered by Rhino.

Beginning with "Madden NFL 2005," the latest in the top-selling football game series, Rhino will be the exclusive provider of catalog music for all EA Sports titles. This will apply to other consistently popular sports franchise titles, including "NBA Live 2005," "FIFA Soccer 2005," "NASCAR 2005: Chase for the Cup," "EA Sports Rugby 2005" and "NHL 2005."
House Of Pain, Pantera, MC Lyte, Faith No More, the Jesus and Mary Chain, the Cure and Violent Femmes are among the artists who will be integrated into the EA Sports in-game jukebox, tapping the Warner family of labels' extensive catalog.

"There is a lot of music we have that we think is completely relevant to today, and a lot of kids that will be playing these games will hopefully get turned on to music from the past that does not sound like their father's music," said David Dorn, senior VP of new media strategy for Rhino.

Throwback Trax is part of EA Trax, the promotional partnership music showcase EA launched in 2002, but EA worldwide executive of music Steve Schnur said that the parent branding will remain focused on breaking new artists by including their music in video games. Some of the artists that debuted their music in 2003 EA games include Blink-182, Chingy and Jet.

Under the terms of the nonexclusive deal, catalog music is defined as being at least 18 months old. According to Dorn, the deal is for one year with mutual options to extend.

Old 06-06-2004, 11:18 AM   #20
MVP

Badgun's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:

bigtiggalsu said:
Quote:

Badgun said:
Quote:

Wsv771 said:
I was just watching G4 and on the news ticker it said that all of EA's 2005 sports titles would have "EA Sports Throwback Trax powered by Rhino." Anybody know anything about this? If it's what it sounds like, some of you guys may be getting your classic rock in.

Well Rhino records does do mostly reissues of older artists, so it would makes sense. Hopefully this is a sign that EA is going away from all of that rap crap that they've been shoving down our throat the last few years.

I think they should have wide range of music and especially have authenic staduim music. Stuff that gets played at real games. But Badgun I know your waiting fir it to go away but I promise it nevver will. So its time to get over it.

Oh, I know it's not going away, but that still doesn't mean I have to like it. Some of it's ok, and I actually own a few rap/hip hop cds, but it just seems that all of it pretty much sounds alike. There's really no innovation whatsoever. Just get a good beat, and add a bunch of rhymes about "tapping that a$$" or some other degrading $hit and you've got about 95% of the rap songs.

I've had this discussion in another forum so I really don't want to re-hash it here, but most rap songs have negative connontations either about women or society. I admire and actually support the few rap groups that try to impress a positive message through their music.

I can just do without the 50 cents and Lil jons of the world.
Old 06-06-2004, 11:19 AM   #21
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Why doesnt EA just get rap artitst and bands to do songs? Each person could pick their own taste. Oh well, ill probably just use my own songs anyway.

BTW if you dont like the rap being throwed down your throat, turn your music off.

They also have had a some good artist for their football games, two come to mind is Mos Def Outkast and Xzibit.(although their could of been a few Nelly's/chingy type of artists, I really dont remember) Cant remember for last yr as another game too playing time away from madden...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2004, 11:21 AM   #22
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Badgun amen about the same ol BS in rap, but if you look arond their is def artists out there who do not get the limelight and make quailty music. underground hip hop is the route to go.

Quote:

Just get a good beat, and add a bunch of rhymes about "tapping that a$$" or some other degrading $hit and you've got about 95% of the rap songs.

I think you could say that for most mainstream music, rock, county, rap.
Old 06-06-2004, 11:59 AM   #23
H*ll *f F*m*

OVR: 28

Quote:

Beginning with "Madden NFL 2005," the latest in the top-selling football game series, Rhino will be the exclusive provider of catalog music for all EA Sports titles. This will apply to other consistently popular sports franchise titles, including "NBA Live 2005," "FIFA Soccer 2005," "NASCAR 2005: Chase for the Cup," "EA Sports Rugby 2005" and "NHL 2005."
House Of Pain, Pantera, MC Lyte, Faith No More, the Jesus and Mary Chain, the Cure and Violent Femmes are among the artists who will be integrated into the EA Sports in-game jukebox, tapping the Warner family of labels' extensive catalog.

SOLD!!!!!
Old 06-06-2004, 12:07 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 1

"Oh, I know it's not going away, but that still doesn't mean I have to like it. Some of it's ok, and I actually own a few rap/hip hop cds, but it just seems that all of it pretty much sounds alike. There's really no innovation whatsoever. Just get a good beat, and add a bunch of rhymes about "tapping that a$$" or some other degrading $hit and you've got about 95% of the rap songs.

I've had this discussion in another forum so I really don't want to re-hash it here, but most rap songs have negative connontations either about women or society. I admire and actually support the few rap groups that try to impress a positive message through their music.

I can just do without the 50 cents and Lil jons of the world. "

try listening to some kanye west then.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »