Home

madden 05 starting to worry me

This is a discussion on madden 05 starting to worry me within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2004, 04:44 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
madden 05 starting to worry me

i know we've got two months to go. but hey its not looking to good for our game.everything i've been seeing its just not that impressive.madden just seems to treek everything while espn really tries to improve every year.seems like they listen to their fans.and madden says " what ever we put out they'll buy it " some of the things i'm hearing from the madden people are just down right awful.theirs no excuse for them not to have fixed alot of whats wrong with this game.don't forget about presentation.but take care of gameplay first.i hope i'm wrong in the end, but so far i'm not impressed
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2004, 04:53 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 1
Re: madden 05 starting to worry me

Quote:

poopie said:
i know we've got two months to go. but hey its not looking to good for our game.everything i've been seeing its just not that impressive.madden just seems to treek everything while espn really tries to improve every year.seems like they listen to their fans.and madden says " what ever we put out they'll buy it " some of the things i'm hearing from the madden people are just down right awful.theirs no excuse for them not to have fixed alot of whats wrong with this game.don't forget about presentation.but take care of gameplay first.i hope i'm wrong in the end, but so far i'm not impressed

I'm impressed with the lighting and the animations are very smooth as always. But the core gameplay is APPEARS to be the same: drop back and/or trot around from side to side all day (unless there is a killer blitz) then fire the ball downfield.
Old 06-08-2004, 05:05 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 1

Yeah i hear ya go with ESPN 2005 much better game Madden rehashes and cartoon like players and slow gameplay and tweaks and horrible announcing is getting old.
Old 06-08-2004, 05:07 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 18

you gotta cut that out wsb

heres my stance:

there will be only 3 football games available within the next yr...so who in their right mind will not play all three...its not possible for one game to hold your attention for 7-8 months on its own merits...yr to yr sports games dont have longevity like that
Old 06-08-2004, 05:18 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Madden always just tweeks things, but its a solid game and usualy makes enough small improvements tyo make it better then the yr before. At least I think so. Now is that enough to make it the best game of the yr? Thats TBD.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2004, 05:20 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

how can you say much better game? NEITHER COME OUT FOR TWO MONTHS!!! Stop being a mark and wait for them to come out before you use your republican tactics and try to get more people to swtich over.

P.S. i THINK ESPN will be better too, but how the hell do we know
Old 06-08-2004, 05:21 PM   #7
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

The game looks a lot better than last year IMO. I agree tho that they only do tweaks to the gameplay but if they can fix some necesary problems then i'll be happy. MADDEN beats out ESPN when it comes to franchise and that's one reason why I buy it.

That may change this year tho with the totally rebuilt franchise mode for ESPN.
Old 06-08-2004, 05:21 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 18

and thats all madden fans want...those minute improvements...there is nothing wrong with that

so does espn...but it just seems on a bigger scale due to it being relatively newer game

but they both will be good...until reviews start stating otherwise
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »