Home

Fan cutscenes (now more reasoning for "create a fan"

This is a discussion on Fan cutscenes (now more reasoning for "create a fan" within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-13-2004, 11:19 PM   #41
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Fan cutscenes (now more reasoning for \"create a fan\"

Quote:

deejay8595 said:
Quote:

jmood88 said:
Quote:

ODogg said:
I don't know what all the whining is about, everyone is always asking for more atmosphere, not only is that what EA's giving you but they're even letting you customize it. I think personally it will be a nice addition. It's not earth shaking no but it's a pretty spiffy feature IMO.

Once again, you just want them to make an ugly and half-assed attempt just to say that they added atmosphere?

How is it a half assed attempt?..looks good to me.

First of all, they have the exact same scene in both shots with different teams. Second of all, it's ugly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2004, 11:21 PM   #42
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:

deejay8595 said:
Quote:

jmood88 said:
Quote:

ODogg said:
I don't know what all the whining is about, everyone is always asking for more atmosphere, not only is that what EA's giving you but they're even letting you customize it. I think personally it will be a nice addition. It's not earth shaking no but it's a pretty spiffy feature IMO.

Once again, you just want them to make an ugly and half-assed attempt just to say that they added atmosphere?

it looks good to you...but look at it compared to the competition
Old 06-14-2004, 12:15 AM   #43
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:

jordan0386 said:
Quote:

deejay8595 said:
Quote:

jmood88 said:
Quote:

ODogg said:

First of all, the scene may be exactly the same because *gasp* there will be some repetition in the game. That goes for "that other game" as well. If you guys think you're never going to see the same cutscenes in any sports game with the only thing being different is the team then you're really kidding yourselves. And if you admit you will then what the heck is the big deal that 2 screen shots look the same but for different teams? We all know there will be repetition so that is a non-issue.

Secondly, what does ESPN have to do with this? We are talking about something added in to Madden that ESPN doesn't even have. ESPN does not have create-a-fan as far as I know. Yes ESPN has cut scenes of fans but their fans are not customizable. And why is it that in every thread about Madden I keep seeing the same trolling going on by the same people. If you think the game's going to be so awful then don't buy the d**** thing.
Old 06-14-2004, 12:19 AM   #44

jmood88's Arena

Quote:

ODogg said:
Quote:

jordan0386 said:
Quote:

deejay8595 said:
Quote:

jmood88 said:
Quote:

ODogg said:

First of all, the scene may be exactly the same because *gasp* there will be some repetition in the game. That goes for "that other game" as well. If you guys think you're never going to see the same cutscenes in any sports game with the only thing being different is the team then you're really kidding yourselves. And if you admit you will then what the heck is the big deal that 2 screen shots look the same but for different teams? We all know there will be repetition so that is a non-issue.

Secondly, what does ESPN have to do with this? We are talking about something added in to Madden that ESPN doesn't even have. ESPN does not have create-a-fan as far as I know. Yes ESPN has cut scenes of fans but their fans are not customizable. And why is it that in every thread about Madden I keep seeing the same trolling going on by the same people. If you think the game's going to be so awful then don't buy the d**** thing.

WHy would they show two of the exact same scenes? No one is expecting that there will be no repetition but why would they show the same thing? And customizing a fan is really not that great.
Old 06-14-2004, 12:28 AM   #45
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Same reason you'll see the same fans grilling BBQ in the parking lot in ESPN but one game they'll be wearing Chicago Bears stuff and the next time they'll be wearing Dallas Cowboys stuff. They recycle the same cut scenese for different teams in all sports video games. Until we reach the PS3 and Xbox 2 we will never have completely all random, always new cut scenes so Maddens no different. Why does this have to be explained to you, lol?

As for create-a-fan not being that great, it's not supposed to be that great, it's just a little add-on to enhance the atmosphere. Same for most cut scenes, they don't really do anything other than spice up the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2004, 12:32 AM   #46

jmood88's Arena

Quote:

ODogg said:
Same reason you'll see the same fans grilling BBQ in the parking lot in ESPN but one game they'll be wearing Chicago Bears stuff and the next time they'll be wearing Dallas Cowboys stuff. They recycle the same cut scenese for different teams in all sports video games. Until we reach the PS3 and Xbox 2 we will never have completely all random, always new cut scenes so Maddens no different. Why does this have to be explained to you, lol?

As for create-a-fan not being that great, it's not supposed to be that great, it's just a little add-on to enhance the atmosphere. Same for most cut scenes, they don't really do anything other than spice up the game.

There's only been one movie with the tailgating cut scene, what are you talking about? You haven't even played the game so how can you say that they will use that one over and over? They are showing off the same scene with different teams and they are both ugly.
Old 06-14-2004, 01:31 AM   #47
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:

jmood88 said:
Quote:

ODogg said:

There's only been one movie with the tailgating cut scene, what are you talking about? You haven't even played the game so how can you say that they will use that one over and over?

Maybe because I've been playing games since the days of Atari 2600 and know how cut scenes work and previous games have utilized them. One doesn't have to be a genius to know how cut scenes work in Madden 2005 as this game or ESPN or any of the near future games are going to be radically different in how they utilize them. It's obvious you have an opinion that you don't like how they look, we get it. However you still cannot win with the arguement of the scenes are poor because they're repetitive, that's the nature of cut scenes my friend.
Old 06-14-2004, 01:33 AM   #48

jmood88's Arena

Quote:

ODogg said:
Quote:

jmood88 said:
Quote:

ODogg said:

There's only been one movie with the tailgating cut scene, what are you talking about? You haven't even played the game so how can you say that they will use that one over and over?

Maybe because I've been playing games since the days of Atari 2600 and know how cut scenes work and previous games have utilized them It's obvious you don't.

What other games have used cut scenes like espn and why do you keep talking about espn?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »