Home

My view on the current Madden series

This is a discussion on My view on the current Madden series within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2004, 09:26 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: My view on the current Madden series

my 2 cents for nospin. Being the advid 49er that i am and looking at your niner symbol under your name. I wonder do you think montana was the best qb ever. imo he was the smartest qb ever not the physical specimen like elway. But he was smart so i would believe a true niner fan wouldnt take that long to see that madden is just a new roster every year with a new gimmick like the pass and rb drills i actually like then concession stand prices then playmaker controls. this year hit stick. i think espn idea of using the button for this was better but that is just my opinion. The playbooks havent changed since i have been able to grow a mustache. And a lot of the things you hate are still there. But guess what it is still madden and it will still get my money. It should not take that long to notice this stuff though come on nospin
Old 06-18-2004, 09:32 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:

PSU said:
Quote:

nbastreet2 said:
i disagree with all of your post madden 2005 doesnt look the same as 2004 plus they improved the gameplay and everything so you cant just judge it now wait till you play it too say it looks the same or plays the same.

its rather simple, since none of these kids have played madden enough nore understand how to play it, well they cant identify these diffences. EA has added a crapload of stuff every year no matter what peeps say. now i could make a list here of the crap sega puts in year after year that is terrible. u see there is a reason y madden and ea sell more then sega every year. and they always will cuz they get the SIMPLE things right every year which sega just cant grasp for some reason, its the little things that keep bringin people back to madden.

Quote:

EA has added a crapload

i dont understand why you'd say that...when strusser has said repeatedly that they tweak stuff every yr...your comment on understanding to play...dont make it sound like madden is some technical as$ game that you need a week to understand...madden is a pick up and play

take the blinders off
Old 06-18-2004, 09:46 PM   #11
PSU
Banned

PSU's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:

jordan0386 said:
Quote:

PSU said:
Quote:

nbastreet2 said:
i disagree with all of your post madden 2005 doesnt look the same as 2004 plus they improved the gameplay and everything so you cant just judge it now wait till you play it too say it looks the same or plays the same.

its rather simple, since none of these kids have played madden enough nore understand how to play it, well they cant identify these diffences. EA has added a crapload of stuff every year no matter what peeps say. now i could make a list here of the crap sega puts in year after year that is terrible. u see there is a reason y madden and ea sell more then sega every year. and they always will cuz they get the SIMPLE things right every year which sega just cant grasp for some reason, its the little things that keep bringin people back to madden.

Quote:

EA has added a crapload

i dont understand why you'd say that...when strusser has said repeatedly that they tweak stuff every yr...your comment on understanding to play...dont make it sound like madden is some technical as$ game that you need a week to understand...madden is a pick up and play

take the blinders off

my point exactly, people like u who have rarly played this game here and there through the past years if that, its just little stuff that madden gets right every year that espn dont, now i dont need to explain myself because unlike espn fanboys im not tryin to sell my game to the world, ea can take care of that, and they do
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2004, 09:53 PM   #12
Banned

no no no, wait a goddamn minute...you just cant come here and run your mouth and not explain yourself...what are these little things you speak of...the only clear cut advantage madden has on espn...is the franchise up and till this point...everything else is a toss up imo...

imo you sound like a fool if you dont explain yourself
Old 06-18-2004, 10:00 PM   #13
PSU
Banned

PSU's Arena

Quote:

jordan0386 said:
no no no, wait a goddamn minute...you just cant come here and run your mouth and not explain yourself...what are these little things you speak of...the only clear cut advantage madden has on espn...is the franchise up and till this point...everything else is a toss up imo...

imo you sound like a fool if you dont explain yourself

, sorry buddy i will be buying madden espn and ncaa, i have no time to sit here and waste my time trying to get u to like madden
Old 06-18-2004, 10:03 PM   #14
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:

PSU said:
Quote:

jordan0386 said:
Quote:

PSU said:
Quote:

nbastreet2 said:

Quote:

EA has added a crapload

take the blinders off

my point exactly, people like u who have rarly played this game here and there through the past years if that, its just little stuff that madden gets right every year that espn dont, now i dont need to explain myself because unlike espn fanboys im not tryin to sell my game to the world, ea can take care of that, and they do

After posts like this you have the audacity to call someone a fanboy. And please tell me I haven't played much Madden.

My biggest complaints are the things Madden doesn't add. Realistic Coverage Schemes. Team Specific semi-accurate, or at least semi-updated offensive and defensive playbooks. The ability to finally cover the inside receivers on multiple receiver sets. Doesn't take a fanboy to recognize these things, takes some game play time and a little knowledge of the game.

Both games have strengths and weaknesses and both things have things they have continually left out. But Madden can add a ton of extra things, it's disappointing to me that they continually refuse to improve some onfield things that have plagued them for years. Jeez, how long did it take for them to fix offensive lineman progression. That was broken for years, if I remember correctly last year was the first year they really improved it. Same could be said for ESPN (See in game saves).

Both games, have strengths and weaknesses, that's the way it is,but don't start calling people fanboys, when that's exactly the way you are acting.
Old 06-18-2004, 10:04 PM   #15
Banned

thats not my point...you sound ignorant when you say madden gets the little things right every yr...but for some reason...thats the first thing people complain about on message boards...

how many yrs now...suction blocking hasnt been addressed...havent they sugarcoated they're response to tough questions...so dont sit there and type about them getting [censored] right...when people are constantly complaining
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2004, 10:07 PM   #16
PSU
Banned

PSU's Arena

Quote:

bkrich83 said:
Quote:

PSU said:
Quote:

jordan0386 said:
Quote:

PSU said:
Quote:

nbastreet2 said:

Quote:

EA has added a crapload

take the blinders off

After posts like this you have the audacity to call someone a fanboy. And please tell me I haven't played much Madden.

My biggest complaints are the things Madden doesn't add. Realistic Coverage Schemes. Team Specific semi-accurate, or at least semi-updated offensive and defensive playbooks. The ability to finally cover the inside receivers on multiple receiver sets. Doesn't take a fanboy to recognize these things, takes some game play time and a little knowledge of the game.

Both games have strengths and weaknesses and both things have things they have continually left out. But Madden can add a ton of extra things, it's disappointing to me that they continually refuse to improve some onfield things that have plagued them for years. Jeez, how long did it take for them to fix offensive lineman progression. That was broken for years, if I remember correctly last year was the first year they really improved it. Same could be said for ESPN (See in game saves).

Both games, have strengths and weaknesses, that's the way it is,but don't start calling people fanboys, when that's exactly the way you are acting.

yes, and who sells more copies???? they sell more because they r an overall better company and people that love sega and espn, this just pisses them off so much that sega will never outsell ea, the bottom line is more people r playing madden and more people will continue to play madden

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »