Home

why do people decide which game is better because of a price?

This is a discussion on why do people decide which game is better because of a price? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2004, 10:54 AM   #17
Pro

bubba4's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: why do people decide which game is better because of a price?

Why do people decide which game is better because of a price? Because there is this theory that just because more people buy Madden, then it has to better better. Well, if this $19 price tag catapults ESPN to number one in sales, (not likely) would that make it the better game? Nope. But to me, the 2K series has always outdone Madden in the game of football. I don't hate Madden. I have a problem with EA as a company. But the guys at Tiburon are outstanding game makers! It's just that their Madden game has never WOWED me. Madden has been underwhelming gamers for 3 years now, and yet, we the gamers, have not made EA pay for their lacklustre efforts. The only good things that will come out of this years battle, IMO, will be that more people will finally give ESPN a shot, and the price of games will become a marketing tool for the publishers. Oh happy day!
Bubba4
Old 06-24-2004, 11:10 AM   #18
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

TO ME ESPN does all the important things better. The X's and O's of football, the atmosphere, and the ON FIELD play.
Both seem to have really nice franchises but agin ESPN has the better atmosphere during this mode.
All in all, both games have their place and both have their audience. You can't go wrong with either.
I guess the big thing for me also is the VC has continues to listen to the gamers and update their game accordningly , whereas EA send out basically the same thing each year, IMO...I repeat IMO.
Old 06-24-2004, 11:25 AM   #19
Legend

Shaver's Arena

OVR: 27

Oh look.... a Madden v ESPN thread...

It's coming right for us, Ned!!!!

*LOCKED*
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »