Home

why do people decide which game is better because of a price?

This is a discussion on why do people decide which game is better because of a price? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2004, 07:34 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
why do people decide which game is better because of a price?

i mean, ya its good for what you get outta espn for what its worth. but, cmon, the gameplay in a game has nuthing to do with a price. people should stop looking at advertising and prices to decide which game to like. i mean, its gotten stupid this whole war between the two games thing. IMO, i think madden is the most realistic gameplay you will get in a football game, but espn has the edge in graphics. i believe that espn has too many fake and jerky movements, while in madden you can actually feel the weight of the player while moving, and it has realistic movement. but also, i believe espn has better tackling animations. i think both games have its goods and bads, even though i prefer madden because of gameplay, i will still get both even if the price wasnt dropped for ESPN.

also, it seems like most people hate on madden just because of its sales? i mean thats just plain stupid. how can people hate madden just because it has advertising and sells the most? big deal! people have got to start choosing games on what they honestly think is better, not on what goes behind the scenes in the business offices of sega and ea sports.

to the mods, feel free to lock this if i am breaking any boundaries, sorry if i am, but i just gotta get this outta my system. thanks guys, hopefully we can actually have fun with the game, not with the market
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2004, 08:08 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: why do people decide which game is better because of a price?

Old 06-23-2004, 08:42 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 22

Quote:

bruins09 said:
i mean, ya its good for what you get outta espn for what its worth. but, cmon, the gameplay in a game has nuthing to do with a price. people should stop looking at advertising and prices to decide which game to like. i mean, its gotten stupid this whole war between the two games thing. IMO, i think madden is the most realistic gameplay you will get in a football game, but espn has the edge in graphics. i believe that espn has too many fake and jerky movements, while in madden you can actually feel the weight of the player while moving, and it has realistic movement. but also, i believe espn has better tackling animations. i think both games have its goods and bads, even though i prefer madden because of gameplay, i will still get both even if the price wasnt dropped for ESPN.

also, it seems like most people hate on madden just because of its sales? i mean thats just plain stupid. how can people hate madden just because it has advertising and sells the most? big deal! people have got to start choosing games on what they honestly think is better, not on what goes behind the scenes in the business offices of sega and ea sports.

to the mods, feel free to lock this if i am breaking any boundaries, sorry if i am, but i just gotta get this outta my system. thanks guys, hopefully we can actually have fun with the game, not with the market

This world we live in revolves around money..wheather you like money or not. The price is gonna make a big impact for ESPN. Now everything else your saying is just your opinion. My own opinion is this...ESPN has good qualities that Madden dont have. Madden has good qualities that ESPN dont have. Overall i favor ESPN..its just more exciting to play, it makes you feel like your playing a REAL NFL game with its graphics,presentation,animations,atmosphere and sweet gameplay. While madden has sweet gameplay as well..it lacks the rest that ESPN has. That my friend .. makes it an easy choice for me and the price tag alone will make it an easy choice for many many others.

Dont get me wrong..Madden is what brought football videogame to where it is today and i will always respect that but remember...all champions must fall one day bro.

The tides are turning dude..right before all our eye's but thats not such a bad thing though..it'll make EAsports strive harder from now on which only will bring us better playing football games wheather your a madden guy or a espn guy.

Old 06-23-2004, 08:51 PM   #4
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:

IMO, i think madden is the most realistic gameplay you will get in a football game

Until Madden gets the X's and O's of football right, this is at the very least quite debatable.
Old 06-23-2004, 09:58 PM   #5
Rookie

carthagebaseball's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:

bruins09 said:

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2004, 10:26 PM   #6
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:

bkrich83 said:
Quote:

IMO, i think madden is the most realistic gameplay you will get in a football game

Until Madden gets the X's and O's of football right, this is at the very least quite debatable.

Agreed..
Also most people don't really hate Madden because they make tons of money, they get disgusted BECAUSE they make tons of money and release the same game 3 years in a row with just "add-ons", instead of updated the game itself. Especially when we are talking EA. They should be the ones leading the way in innovations etc.. instead of "staying the course"
IMO
Old 06-24-2004, 01:09 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

i dont understand how people can say that espn has better gameplay. i mean, the guy can jerk from one corner to another in less than a second, and you dont even see the movement. he just appears facing the other way. that my friends, is beyond what a human being can do, and is in my opinion not real football. the only reason that espn can have an ounce of realism and feel of NFL is because of the damn presentation, but then again what is presentation? just because we see a red box that says "ESPN" all of the sudden the game is realistic? actually watch football and watch espn, it doesnt mix. espn nfl football IS very fun to play, but not real. i used to be an ESPN nfl fan, but after playing last year's madden, i couldnt play espn again. i mean, it feel like youre playing pacman. well thats just my humble opinion, but im sure many will agree.
Old 06-24-2004, 01:13 AM   #8
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:

i dont understand how people can say that espn has better gameplay

It's all a matter of taste. I like both. ESPN gets the X's and O's and schemes of football down better than Madden. Maybe one day Madden will provide realistic zone coverage, team specific playbooks on both sides of the ball.

Agreed on the momentum, although Maddens' still needs some tweaking. Presentation and graphics are purely subjective.

Both are good games, hard to say one is better than the other, as they both have different strengths and weaknesses.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »