Home

Madden's release date?

This is a discussion on Madden's release date? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-24-2004, 05:02 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Madden\'s release date?

Hate to break it to, but the rookies r real that get imported into madden from Ncaa. Only differnece they dont have their names just numbers.
Old 06-24-2004, 05:52 PM   #10
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

lol, what does that mean that they're real? they don't have photorealistic faces right? they don't have names. they're real b/c you played with them in NCAA and they have the same ratings? cuz rookies go to the pros get different numbers so even those won't be the same. you just know their ratings. i'm not trying to put a damper on this b/c if you have time to play out a dynasty and then with your guys in madden what a wonderful thing. i think most do a lot of simming though and numbers are just numbers.

this is what i think about every time i hear this...

i import my players from NCAA and based on school and number i'd put in the correct name. the player ratings don't mean much b/c they are altered throughout the dynasty and should also changed based on pro skill vs college so it's really just puttin a name to a number.

if i have a game with a bunch of rookies i could just change the names the same way. the big difference is accuracy in what college the players come from.

my point is, yes it makes a difference if you're really into playing almost all of these players games in both ncaa and madden or really even if your not. but it's not THAT big of a difference. you put in the same amount of work pretty much with similar results unless you're into spending hours looking at player cards.
Old 06-24-2004, 09:59 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

in the on the spot gamespot thingy jeremy strauser aka the producer said all the console madden 2005's will be out on the 10th of august while the pc one and the ps1 will be later.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2004, 11:43 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

hey guys here is a little info that i got from gamerfeed.com.

The football showdown is about to heat up with Madden against ESPN, plus Sega and Take-2, and a whole lot more.

The rumormill has been a little bit sparse in recent weeks, with the summer season approaching. But this week I hit the mother load. Check out these little ditties, and of course your feedback is appreciated. Feel free to drop me an email if you've heard anything, or have a question to [email protected]. The rumormill can always use a little bit of grease from time to time!

ESPN vs. Madden

The football wars are heating up. By now you have probably heard that Take-Two Interactive will be releasing Visual Concepts' NFL 2K5 title for $19.99. What you don't know is that Electronic Arts probably won't be able to counter with a price drop to $39.99, and they will get clobbered by Wall Street!

EA doesn't make that much money on Madden because of royalties to Madden, the NFL, NFLPA, Sony, and Microsoft. Even though the game sells a lot of units, they don't have much room to maneuver on the price because at $39.99 they don't get any price breaks on the royalties from Sony Computer Entertainment of America. That price break takes effect at $29.99 and they won't be able to go that low according to the analysts I spoke too.

The other big thing to watch for is who comes out of the gate first. EA is scheduled to release Madden NFL 2005 in the middle of August and Sega, Take-Two and Visual Concepts are scheduled to release their game at about the same time... or are they? Several retailers we spoke with suggest that if Take-Two beats Madden NFL 2005 to store shelves, orders for the game could double from around 250,000 to 500,000.

As a result, EA is in their hurry up offense and they are trying to get the game to market before NFL 2K5, and they should be successful, according to my sources. Watch for one or both titles to be on store shelves by the end of July.

Dont know if any of this is true but if it is that 1-1.5 million copies sold could be a strecth.
Old 06-24-2004, 11:46 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1

Before any decides to start calling me a fanboy for either game let it be known that I have preordered both madden 2005(ps2 and xbox),ncaa 2005(ps2 and xbox) and espn 2k5 for xbox. I like to try games out before i decide which is the better game. This could be the toughest year to decide between two games.
Old 06-25-2004, 12:22 AM   #14
An Old Trafford

Leon's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:

nbastreet2 said:
in the on the spot gamespot thingy jeremy strauser aka the producer said all the console madden 2005's will be out on the 10th of august while the pc one and the ps1 will be later.

But the PC version will still come out in August right? If not, I guess I'll have ESPN to fill my football hunger. Can't wait for both games.
Old 06-25-2004, 12:40 AM   #15
All Star

p2xgamers's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:

FootballForever said:
Spin- the key word in what you said is "LAST YEAR" this is a new year.

Look at the numbers of previous years though. EA sales have just blown away ESPN sales by so much. It will take at least 5 years before ESPN is even close to Madden sales just because of Madden being around so long. Unfortunately sales don't reflect quality. (Enter the Matrix, Driv3r, NFL 2k, etc.)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2004, 12:56 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 2

This will be the first year I buy both right away. I always wait until the price of ESPN drops because it's worth $19.99 but not the full price. I'm buying Madden on Xbox and the collector's ed. on PS2.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »