Home

madden graphics

This is a discussion on madden graphics within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-27-2004, 07:02 PM   #25
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: madden graphics

Quote:

Ah,for your info I have played XBL plenty of times and it didn't seem that much different from the ps2 online(well a couple of extra features thats it)as far as lag I didn't really experience that much lag on either? if Sony had just broadband like microsoft you probably couldn't tell the difference between the two

After reading this I wonder how much you really have played XBL, as the performance difference is noticeable. And just about everyone on staff here, as well as at another popular sports gameing site I play NCAA on, say the same thing. The network performance is noticeably better on XBL.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2004, 09:39 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

I've played hundreds of games on PS2 of NCAA and a whole bunch of Rainbow Six, Links, etc on XBox Live and I can honestly say there's no noticeable difference in lag. I remember a couple of games in the hundreds of NCAA I played where there was lag because the guy I was playing was on dialup but 2 or 3 games out of 500+ is not bad, not bad at all.. As I said since I added a headset to my PS2 I think both systems are about the same except that on Xbox live your gamer tag sticks with you across all games, something PS2 sorely needs but due to its open ended nature and network not being run by 1 company is never going to happen..
Old 06-27-2004, 09:43 PM   #27
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:

ODogg said:
I've played hundreds of games on PS2 of NCAA and a whole bunch of Rainbow Six, Links, etc on XBox Live and I can honestly say there's no noticeable difference in lag. I remember a couple of games in the hundreds of NCAA I played where there was lag because the guy I was playing was on dialup but 2 or 3 games out of 500+ is not bad, not bad at all.. As I said since I added a headset to my PS2 I think both systems are about the same except that on Xbox live your gamer tag sticks with you across all games, something PS2 sorely needs but due to its open ended nature and network not being run by 1 company is never going to happen..

I have to disagree. I can tell a big difference, and everyone I have ever played with online that has both has said the same thing.
Old 06-28-2004, 11:19 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:

bkrich83 said:
Quote:

Badboy49er said:
Quote:

bkrich83 said:
Quote:

Even with that said If you want online ,I would take online through LIVE over PS2 online anyday.

Exacttly, when comparing the Sony Online setup vs. XBL you truly do get what you pay for. With all the people I played NCAA online last year, in my leagues and pickup games, they all said the same thing. NCAA was a blast online, but think how much better it would be on XBL.

If the EA games play as well in XBL as the other companies games do, I can finally get rid of my PS2 as the only reason I still had it was to play EA games online.

Bk i was thinking the exact same thing ..I have nothing bad to say about the XBL service , you get what you pay for , really my only reason for holding onto my PS2 right now is waiting to see how GT4 turns out ...after that i have no reason for it .

Crap, I forgot about GT4. DAMNIT, I guess I will be hanging on to my PS2 for a bit longer.

XBL totally changed the way I feel about online play. It really did change the way I game, and my purchasing habits.

Ummm......Can we say Grand Theft Auto?????
Old 06-28-2004, 11:47 PM   #29
Pro

Badboy49er's Arena

OVR: 14

We can ..LOL
Old 06-29-2004, 04:59 AM   #30
MVP

Mos1ted's Arena

OVR: 21

If you work at a XBOX retailer you can get a 12 month live subscription for only 20 dollars. Just go through the xbox.com website then they verify through there your store location number and employee number then you receive your 12 month card in the mail. I just cancelled my XBOX live account though since I'll be moving soon and dont know when I'll have broadband internet again.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »