Home

Madden will be better online for Xbox

This is a discussion on Madden will be better online for Xbox within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-28-2004, 09:55 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 2
Madden will be better online for Xbox

For the simple reason when you lose you can't create a new name. You ever play somebody who you thought was 0-0 but they really had like 900 games played but they're just starting a new name? I've seen friends change their name after they lost a couple of games. On the Xbox we will know who we're REALLY playing because everybody doesn't have 75 user names like the PS2 version.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2004, 10:14 AM   #2
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Madden will be better online for Xbox

Quote:

Dagreat1 said:
For the simple reason when you lose you can't create a new name. You ever play somebody who you thought was 0-0 but they really had like 900 games played but they're just starting a new name? I've seen friends change their name after they lost a couple of games. On the Xbox we will know who we're REALLY playing because everybody doesn't have 75 user names like the PS2 version.

Well thats true BUT, I think EA makes they're sports games to have multiple user names online. I dont think its so much a Network adapter thing or an XBOX Live thing, its on EAs part to design the way they're online is handled. And I dont think it'll be no diffrent than the PS2 version.

EA designed they're online setup so you can have access to your online stats on EA's website. And it would'nt be fair for a person to have only 1 user name per console. So they alow you to make multiple user names for that purpose. So I'm pretty sure the XBOX version will allow you to create multiple user names. You're basically not gonna use your gamertag, instead you'll have to create a new name to access EA's servers.
Old 06-29-2004, 08:17 PM   #3
EA Game Changer

OVR: 28

Well if people wanted they could keep getting those 2 month free trial cards, but you are right there is defnitly a heck of a less chance of getting same people under different usernames on XBL.
Also why you should play onXBL, you have your friends list, the communications is alot better. And ive heard PS2 online for madden 05 is "chuggier" then Xbox's Version.
Old 06-30-2004, 01:27 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:

Graphik said:
I'm pretty sure the XBOX version will allow you to create multiple user names.

No
Old 06-30-2004, 02:27 AM   #5
H*ll *f F*m*

OVR: 28

Quote:

smalley said:
Quote:

Graphik said:

No

Yes, since you have to log on to the EAsports NATION. You're allowed 4 different accounts.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2004, 07:56 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:

nivek said:
Quote:

smalley said:
Quote:

Graphik said:

No

Yes, since you have to log on to the EAsports NATION. You're allowed 4 different accounts.

Yes what he's saying is true. You only have one XBOX Live gamertag but that's not at all the same as your EASports Nation login name. Just like on PS2 you will have 4 of those and be able to create and delete them as will.
Old 06-30-2004, 07:37 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

Easy fix to this problem. Stick with people you know. I have played with the same people online now for the past few years and there's no beating it.
Old 06-30-2004, 10:23 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:

Boom said:
Easy fix to this problem. Stick with people you know. I have played with the same people online now for the past few years and there's no beating it.

For the most part I agree, but sometimes your itching fo that 1am game of football and all friends my be gone...its like that right now with me and espn because well I only got xbl about 2 months ago. ZIm sure when the new games release it wont be hard to find a good game at all.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »