Home

never leave the field

This is a discussion on never leave the field within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2004, 03:30 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: never leave the field

Quote:

CeriousBuc said:
Quote:

LedouxRoc said:
Quote:

poopie said:
now espn is boasting about their new play calling screen.never leaving the field playcalling window.sounds like madden to me.one thing is true, what ever we say about madden bad or good they will always be the first to start something...because they started it all

Yea, I was laughing when I saw that. It's like when ESPN stole Madden's idea for automatic hurdles and the addition of the shoulder charge.

The shoulder charge was in last years game, and most likely 2003's version too. For bigger backs you press the turbo button in the direction of the defender and the back drops his head and shoulders and attempts to knock the defender over. All EA has done is move the feature to its own button.

If shoulder charge was in last year's version, than I must be blind, cause I never seen it. All I seen was guys bouncing off each other and hearing "boom, bam, urgh, awww."

note: do not take this as a diss on madden, I'm just stating the obvious.
Old 07-01-2004, 03:32 PM   #10
Th* *c*m*n!

ronnyballgame's Arena

OVR: 14

I love this, its so fun, people hate it, but I like, it proves that both companys have loyal follows, well here it goes, if it is in the game, then it is in the game, man, the biggest lie of them all. There is so much missing this year, its so funny, and ESPN is The best Football game ever, lol, you gotta love this shiznit. Well I am gonnna buy both and return one probably, and at this pace, we all know what game that is.......
Old 07-01-2004, 04:12 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:

LedouxRoc said:
Quote:

CeriousBuc said:
Quote:

LedouxRoc said:
Quote:

poopie said:
now espn is boasting about their new play calling screen.never leaving the field playcalling window.sounds like madden to me.one thing is true, what ever we say about madden bad or good they will always be the first to start something...because they started it all

Yea, I was laughing when I saw that. It's like when ESPN stole Madden's idea for automatic hurdles and the addition of the shoulder charge.

The shoulder charge was in last years game, and most likely 2003's version too. For bigger backs you press the turbo button in the direction of the defender and the back drops his head and shoulders and attempts to knock the defender over. All EA has done is move the feature to its own button.

If shoulder charge was in last year's version, than I must be blind, cause I never seen it. All I seen was guys bouncing off each other and hearing "boom, bam, urgh, awww."

note: do not take this as a diss on madden, I'm just stating the obvious.

The you're probably blind then. It's in the Madden game manual for christ's sake. Of course it isn't called "shoulder charge"...but it has the same results (ie knocking the defender over). Be quiet now....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2004, 04:57 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:

poopie said:

Answer me this, could you watch your replay and or get a 360 degree panning of the stadium, see the results of your last play, and select your play all on the same screen. Thats what he was touting, not just leaving the field, your point is contextual, his statement was broad.
Old 07-01-2004, 04:57 PM   #13
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

y'all are sad
Old 07-01-2004, 05:50 PM   #14
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:

LedouxRoc said:
Quote:

poopie said:

They also stole the ability to throw an oblong object across a field....

Do we really need to start a bunch of this crap. Like Madden get Madden. Like ESPN get ESPN. WHY WHY WHY WHY do some of you feel there should only be one game to choose from.?.?.?.?
I wish I got royalty checks from VC or EA like you guys...
Old 07-01-2004, 05:54 PM   #15
PSU
Banned

PSU's Arena

OVR: 9

ok well for all u slow peeps out there, the whole point is that if madden and ea copied somthing from sega, they would get torched by every sega fanboy or alot of espn fans for the matter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2004, 05:54 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:

backbreaker said:
Quote:

poopie said:

Answer me this, could you watch your replay and or get a 360 degree panning of the stadium, see the results of your last play, and select your play all on the same screen. Thats what he was touting, not just leaving the field, your point is contextual, his statement was broad.

serac ohw
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »