Home

IGN play of the day (Madden pressure kick)

This is a discussion on IGN play of the day (Madden pressure kick) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-08-2004, 04:36 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: IGN play of the day (Madden pressure kick)

Michaels may get excited to the point where he raises his voice or changes his tone a bit for a major play, but he does not yell. And all I can say is thank goodness he doesn't yell in the game, because I can't think of anything that would have me reaching for the mute button faster than that. If you've just engineered a last minute come from behind drive and you feel sleepy because the commentary isn't stroking your ego enough, I don't know what to say. Sucks to be you, I guess.
Old 07-08-2004, 04:47 PM   #34
TIm
MVP

OVR: 12

I have 2 things to say...Most of you maybe know that I am a Espn Fan But With all talk about Graphics....Maddens graphics on this new video really looks really good....They are doing good things from previous screenshots.... 2 I think your commentary is really stinking...Don't get mad..I am saying this because I feel people are starting to get sick and tired of Big Johns voice..Espns commentart lines are great however Dan and Peter are really annoying as well...Well anyways have a great year of football.... Happy Gaming
Old 07-08-2004, 05:03 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:

NUCats06 said:
"do you believe in miracles...YES!" - al michaels

not football, but you get the idea.

Or, "He... he did *what*?!!!" , as Antonio Freeman scampered in for a touchdown after having caught the while on the ground and untouched by any defenders on MNF.

He *does* show emotion when it's appropriate to, and he *should* have some appropriate commentary for big plays or pressure situations like they are showing in that clip. "Not this year..." *sigh*
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2004, 05:22 PM   #36
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:

seanmac said:
Michaels may get excited to the point where he raises his voice or changes his tone a bit for a major play, but he does not yell. And all I can say is thank goodness he doesn't yell in the game, because I can't think of anything that would have me reaching for the mute button faster than that. If you've just engineered a last minute come from behind drive and you feel sleepy because the commentary isn't stroking your ego enough, I don't know what to say. Sucks to be you, I guess.

you've gone from there's no emotion from announcers to he "may" get excited but doesn't yell. sounds like you're just in denial.
Old 07-08-2004, 05:32 PM   #37
MVP

OVR: 8

Oh yes, that must be it. Denial.

I'm actually re-watching the Jets-Titans monday night game while I'm eating lunch, and Michaels is doing no yelling. Zippo. Nada. He's announcing the game like a professional, not a teeny bopper. I'm not going to get worked up over whether or not EA captures Michaels' inflections, and in any event that hardly falls under the definition of yelling.

Now if they want to start modeling for accuracy, they simply need Al to start mentioning the gambling line from time to time.
Old 07-08-2004, 05:35 PM   #38
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

you brought up yelling. i think everyone else just mentioned that they don't get excited during big plays, especially game deciding plays. after a few examples you admitted that he may get excited and then changed it to how he shouldn't be yelling.
Old 07-09-2004, 12:12 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:

seanmac said:
Oh yes, that must be it. Denial.

I'm actually re-watching the Jets-Titans monday night game while I'm eating lunch, and Michaels is doing no yelling. Zippo. Nada. He's announcing the game like a professional, not a teeny bopper. I'm not going to get worked up over whether or not EA captures Michaels' inflections, and in any event that hardly falls under the definition of yelling.

Now if they want to start modeling for accuracy, they simply need Al to start mentioning the gambling line from time to time.

So showing emotion labels someone as a "teeny-bopper"?
Old 07-09-2004, 03:50 PM   #40
Pro

bubba4's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:

Jistic said:
I actually agree with both sides on this one. Michaels usually does stay pretty calm, I mean he's a pro and been doing this forever. However on life broadcasts there are times when he has a little more pitch inflection than in the game. But reading in a studio is a different skill then calling a game IMO.

And this is why Sega/VC used voice acting "Pros" for ESPN. It's hard to read a script and not SOUND like you're reading. That's why so many atheletes in commercials seem like robots. It takes a special talent for what Dan and Peter are doing in ESPN. That's not lost on me.
Bubba4

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »