Home

Madden Movies 7/08/04 Xbpx

This is a discussion on Madden Movies 7/08/04 Xbpx within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-09-2004, 03:54 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: Madden Movies 7/08/04 Xbpx

I'm sorry, there's not a single thing that you can honestly say looks horrible about any of this year's football games. I've been running a season on NFL2K just to kill time, and it's stunning just how far Madden and ESPN have advanced in five year's time. Not everything may be perfect, but you are a mighty spoiled gamer if you think something is modeled horribly.
Old 07-09-2004, 05:32 AM   #18
All Star

p2xgamers's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:

bruins09 said:
Quote:

Ifiok said:
Quote:

bruins09 said:
this game is done

I agree with you wholeheartedly. This game is going to be just as boring as the past madden's. I'm sick of the 50, the 40, the 30, the 20, the 10, and he highsteps his way into the endzone, touchdown. My God this game is getting so old. It's from the stone age. I can't believe that EA hasn't scrapped the whole Madden series yet and just started over like they did with their baseball game. We all know this game is dying. And we need something fresh. Madden is ancient. I AM OUT!

ppl should think more like this guy

OH NO! The commentary is bad, let me not pay $50!

Yeah, those are good reasons. Maybe if you had a better arguement then just the "commentary" I could possibly see your point, but not buying a game just because of that is stupid.
Old 07-09-2004, 08:20 AM   #19
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:

Ifiok said:
Quote:

bruins09 said:
this game is done

I agree with you wholeheartedly. This game is going to be just as boring as the past madden's. I'm sick of the 50, the 40, the 30, the 20, the 10, and he highsteps his way into the endzone, touchdown. My God this game is getting so old. It's from the stone age. I can't believe that EA hasn't scrapped the whole Madden series yet and just started over like they did with their baseball game. We all know this game is dying. And we need something fresh. Madden is ancient. I AM OUT!

Yeah it's really struggling. It would be wise for EA to scrap this series due to lack of consumer interest.

The best thing I saw from these videos was the defensive hot routes. Nice to be able to tell a safety to double a WR pre-snap like that.

The worst thing was the absolutely horrible intro. Luckily I turn off the music cuz their intro music is brutal as is the pre game commentary.
Old 07-09-2004, 08:31 AM   #20
**t *f y**r *l*m*nt D*nny

Bacardi151's Arena

Quote:

p2xgamers said:
Quote:

bruins09 said:
Quote:

Ifiok said:
Quote:

bruins09 said:
this game is done

Yeah, those are good reasons. Maybe if you had a better arguement then just the "commentary" I could possibly see your point, but not buying a game just because of that is stupid.

It is not stupid because it adds one of the basic functions of gaming, which is to immerse you in the game. Atmosphere can make or break a game. Many would argue that ASB is a worse baseball game than others, but i would rather play a game of ASB for the immersion factor alone(and the campy but cool spanish commentary). I enjoy good commentary and ambience in games, and that is definitely one of the things that I look for when purchasing a game.
Old 07-09-2004, 09:29 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:

Bacardi151 said:
Quote:

p2xgamers said:
Quote:

bruins09 said:
Quote:

Ifiok said:
Quote:

bruins09 said:
this game is done

It is not stupid because it adds one of the basic functions of gaming, which is to immerse you in the game. Atmosphere can make or break a game. Many would argue that ASB is a worse baseball game than others, but i would rather play a game of ASB for the immersion factor alone(and the campy but cool spanish commentary). I enjoy good commentary and ambience in games, and that is definitely one of the things that I look for when purchasing a game.

I know the gameplay is good and everything, but this game just doesn't get me excited like NCAA Football does. That's all I'm saying.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2004, 10:21 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 5

Atmosphere does play a big part in the enjoyment of a game, but for me gameplay is a bigger factor.Example, NBA inside 2004 was the best sim basketball game last year IMO. But the game lacked in the presentation and graphic department. Despite this the game was still fun to play. The same doesn't apply to Madden because its had the same presentation for years, and gamers are getting tired of it. IMO madden has a good core gameplay. While focusing on Defense was a good thing, EA should've also focused on atmosphere. NCAA has the old graphic engine, but is more fun to play because of its atmosphere. You get the feel that the crowd is connected to the game, by their reactions to what is happening on the field and the commentary is the best IMO. I dont understand why the same can't be done to Madden. With all that being said, it still depends on the gamers opinion, what's more important atmosphere or gamplay. But don't get it twisted I will be buying all three football games.
Old 07-09-2004, 10:27 AM   #23
**t *f y**r *l*m*nt D*nny

Bacardi151's Arena

Quote:

MrE_Gamer said:
Atmosphere does play a big part in the enjoyment of a game, but for me gameplay is a bigger factor.Example, NBA inside 2004 was the best sim basketball game last year IMO. But the game lacked in the presentation and graphic department. Despite this the game was still fun to play. The same doesn't apply to Madden because its had the same presentation for years, and gamers are getting tired of it. IMO madden has a good core gameplay. While focusing on Defense was a good thing, EA should've also focused on atmosphere. NCAA has the old graphic engine, but is more fun to play because of its atmosphere. You get the feel that the crowd is connected to the game, by their reactions to what is happening on the field and the commentary is the best IMO. I dont understand why the same can't be done to Madden. With all that being said, it still depends on the gamers opinion, what's more important atmosphere or gamplay. But don't get it twisted I will be buying all three football games.

I agree. I think , though, that its more of what you can put up with. If the gameplay is incredibly fun and addiciting (netHack), then the imemersion isnt necessarily needed as much.

However, if the atmosphere lacks, to the point where you are cursing at it, it does tend to take away from the title. Definitely a very subjective factor.
Old 07-09-2004, 11:57 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 9

Hopefully when the next-gen consoles come out, EA surprises us all with a fresh look on their game. They certainly have the resources.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »