Home

allgames' Impressions of Madden 2005

This is a discussion on allgames' Impressions of Madden 2005 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-09-2004, 07:10 PM   #57
Pro

Catman24's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: allgames\' Impressions of Madden 2005

Quote:

eugreene2 said:
Since everybody is saying this guy is an objective reviewer, this thread is leading me to believe I won't need to buy Madden this year. Basically, I would spend an additional $50 for a limited amount of upgrades. This is ESPN's chance. They have my $20 so either they convince me this year or lose me forever. I've never ever played the 2k series so we'll see...

No one has said that this is the final impression or their decision hindered on this one persons impression. If I where you. I would rent before buying and allow the two games to speak for themselves. As for me. It didn't matter what he said about Madden (positive or nagative). I just like to hear someone elses opinion.
Old 07-09-2004, 09:13 PM   #58
Banned

OVR: 1

I'm sorry, but I have been playing ESPN for over a week and it SUCKS. The laugable 7 or 8 yard avg. per carry in the running game is a joke. The herky, jerky movements while running is HORRIBLE. The graphic (XBOX) are all that great (Madden Stadiums look better). The annoucer is ANNOYING (nasally). Forget about 1 on 1 tackling......lol. Because the transistion are so poor, I have seen 5 kick returns in one game because of bad angles. Oh, but it has Chris Berman in pregame and halftime....woooow. There were some nice INT animation and reaction by DBs to make the picks. Its a good game as alternative to Madden, but its not better. For those who complain Madden is the same with improvements.....well...thats kinda the point. You don't radically change good football, you tweak it. Improve the DB AI, eliminate the QB backfoot throwing accuracy...things like that. I have no problem with Madden's presentation. Is it as flashy as ESPN's no. Is ESPN game options as deep as Madden's.....NO. Crib mode..LOL. You see they don't taut that First person football waste of time with 2k5....do they. Come on. People.....wish ESPN to better than Madden, doesnt make it so. That's why u get the $20 price, that's why u get the July 20 release date (NCAA will eat ESPN's lunch). Now, I may be wrong about this....but you can't use roster updates online with 2k5? I know with 2k4 you couldn't. That becomes a problem when you are in December and playing with team that have players who didn't make the team out of training camp. That's what happens when u release too early. Correct me if I'm wrong there.
Old 07-09-2004, 09:23 PM   #59
Straight Edge

DXZeke's Arena

OVR: 21

ESPN is using living rosters online this year. So in fact you'll be able to use and play with the updated rosters online. It's a nice little thing Microsoft did this year for some game companies. They opended up XBox Live a little for developers too have more freedom for content and what they want to do online.

Besides the broken tackles I thought ESPN was the better playing game last year over Madden. Madden does and will win with their franchise mode, even though ESPN's weekly game planning is a very cool twist that I'm surpised EA hadn't tried or implimented yet in Madden.

Both games are so good now that it's personal preference, but saying Madden totally sucks or ESPN 2k5 totally sucks is absoultly retraded with a huge double dribble (thanks C.R.).
Both games are going to be great... then throw in NCAA. Football gaming has NEVER been this good as this year and to think, it's only going to get better.

For you Madden guys, I'm there with you on the day it comes out, but do yourself a favor and at least rent this $20 gem that ESPN is putting out this year. Since both games are pretty close to the same button layout it's not going to take to much to get used to the game... just do yourself a favor and don't drop back more than 5yrds unless you want to be a tackling dummy.
Old 07-09-2004, 09:25 PM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:

MrScarface said:
I'm sorry, but I have been playing ESPN for over a week and it SUCKS. The laugable 7 or 8 yard avg. per carry in the running game is a joke. The herky, jerky movements while running is HORRIBLE. The graphic (XBOX) are all that great (Madden Stadiums look better). The annoucer is ANNOYING (nasally). Forget about 1 on 1 tackling......lol. Because the transistion are so poor, I have seen 5 kick returns in one game because of bad angles. Oh, but it has Chris Berman in pregame and halftime....woooow. There were some nice INT animation and reaction by DBs to make the picks. Its a good game as alternative to Madden, but its not better. For those who complain Madden is the same with improvements.....well...thats kinda the point. You don't radically change good football, you tweak it. Improve the DB AI, eliminate the QB backfoot throwing accuracy...things like that. I have no problem with Madden's presentation. Is it as flashy as ESPN's no. Is ESPN game options as deep as Madden's.....NO. Crib mode..LOL. You see they don't taut that First person football waste of time with 2k5....do they. Come on. People.....wish ESPN to better than Madden, doesnt make it so. That's why u get the $20 price, that's why u get the July 20 release date (NCAA will eat ESPN's lunch). Now, I may be wrong about this....but you can't use roster updates online with 2k5? I know with 2k4 you couldn't. That becomes a problem when you are in December and playing with team that have players who didn't make the team out of training camp. That's what happens when u release too early. Correct me if I'm wrong there.

I agree. But I don't know how 2K4 played. July 20 for a pro football game to come out is way too early. The rosters most likely won't be all that accurate. To be honest with you, I don't know if this game will be better than Madden. I'll actually give it a try this year for the very first time.
Old 07-09-2004, 09:39 PM   #61
Banned

Quote:

DXZeke said:
ESPN is using living rosters online this year. So in fact you'll be able to use and play with the updated rosters online. It's a nice little thing Microsoft did this year for some game companies. They opended up XBox Live a little for developers too have more freedom for content and what they want to do online.

Besides the broken tackles I thought ESPN was the better playing game last year over Madden. Madden does and will win with their franchise mode, even though ESPN's weekly game planning is a very cool twist that I'm surpised EA hadn't tried or implimented yet in Madden.

Both games are so good now that it's personal preference, but saying Madden totally sucks or ESPN 2k5 totally sucks is absoultly retraded with a huge double dribble (thanks C.R.).
Both games are going to be great... then throw in NCAA. Football gaming has NEVER been this good as this year and to think, it's only going to get better.

For you Madden guys, I'm there with you on the day it comes out, but do yourself a favor and at least rent this $20 gem that ESPN is putting out this year. Since both games are pretty close to the same button layout it's not going to take to much to get used to the game... just do yourself a favor and don't drop back more than 5yrds unless you want to be a tackling dummy.

You are not serious right? I had no problems dropping 10 to 15 yards in ESPN. Now , ESPN will send a DE faster than Madden does (sometimes)...QB accuracy, throwing across the body....many times dead on money. I laughed when I saw that..."Not supposed to happen in ESPN". Im not a "Madden Guy", Im a football gamer. The only game that "may" beat Madden is NCAA. Suck is a strong word....let's say "OVERHYPED".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2004, 09:39 PM   #62
Rookie

News for both of you - The rosters for both games have been done for a while.
Old 07-09-2004, 09:44 PM   #63
MVP

OVR: 22

Quote:

MrScarface said:

You do know your judging ESPN's last years game right? Then comparing it to this years Madden impressions..right? - Or maybe your even comparing it to Madden 04. Both games have changed from last year..BOTH not just Madden and quite frankly from what im hearing/reading ..ESPN has changed more this year then Madden has this year, for the better.

Nothing wrong with liking Madden better but dont post a bunch of useless jibberish with no substance behind it because thats exactly what your doing.
Old 07-09-2004, 10:13 PM   #64
Rookie

OVR: 2

That's funny cause I rented Madden 04 for xbox a couple weeks ago and the entire time I was asking myself how the hell people play this garbage [censored] football game. The graphics are completely garbage even on hdtv, there's no running game unless you call glitchy pin ball junk a running game. The animations are garbage, sound is garbage, atmosphere is garbage, ai is garbage and it doesn't represent real football at all. Tiny little candy men that look like ants on 50" tv and it the most boring uninspiring football game I've ever played. I guess people who like Madden play that fake Madden challenge style 70+ point glitch fest type football and call it real. Game is a 3.5/10 IMO.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »