Home

MADDEN needs to lower price

This is a discussion on MADDEN needs to lower price within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2004, 01:23 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 4
MADDEN needs to lower price

if madden wants to compete this year they should also lower its sale price to 30 bucks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2004, 03:19 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: MADDEN needs to lower price

they might have to. look at the reviews ESPN got. I haven't decided on which game i'll settle on, but jeez those reviews and the $19 sticker price are enough to make a fella seek the companionship of a non madden game. madden may lose lots more fans than myself. and that's something to worry about.
Old 07-17-2004, 03:42 AM   #3
All Star

p2xgamers's Arena

OVR: 19

It would be nice if they did, but they don't NEED to.
Old 07-17-2004, 06:00 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 22

They definately dont need to..they'll still sell stock piles of madden copies but let me say this...the gap is gonna close BIGTIME this year. This i hope will give Madden team a wake up call and at the end all of us gamers will benifit from this.
Old 07-17-2004, 06:11 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

realistically it's not going ot happen. the team at EA knows that they will outsale ESPN this year, maybe not by much but they. But next year will be a different story as im sure ESPN will get better and hopefully Madden will get things rolling. ESPN cannot hold on to the 20 buck offer for long. Maybe next year it'll go back up
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2004, 08:42 AM   #6
MVP

Gary Armida's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:

Moegames said:
at the end all of us gamers will benifit from this.

This is exactly what alot of people miss out on. Instead of seeing that competition is good, a lot of people get emotionally attached to a game. If both companies push each other, awesome. Why must people defend "their game" as if it's a member of your family. We the paying gamers will reap the benefits of competition.
Old 07-17-2004, 08:56 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:

Frylock said:
realistically it's not going ot happen. the team at EA knows that they will outsale ESPN this year, maybe not by much but they. But next year will be a different story as im sure ESPN will get better and hopefully Madden will get things rolling. ESPN cannot hold on to the 20 buck offer for long. Maybe next year it'll go back up

This assumes Tiburon is capable of stepping it up. They had Madden and NCAA handed to them several years ago, and they have not really made any huge graphical or gameplay upgrades since then. They've still got to prove that they can do it. Hopefully they will, since it benefits us all.
Old 07-17-2004, 09:18 AM   #8
All Star

RGmoney's Arena

OVR: 19

ESPN is doing some smart "marketing" this year. They have been closing the gap on Madden a little each year and with the $20 buck pricetag this year, it will close even more. This year they are looking to draw more people to the 2k5 franchise to show them what it is all about. Once they expose them to it, I have a feeling the price tag will be the regular $49.99 next year. I have been a fan of Madden since the days of Genesis (showing my age) and exposed to the 2K series on Dreamcast back in the day. I have been getting both every year and this year will be no exception especially with the 20 buck price tag on 2k5. I have friends who are loyal to either Madden or 2K so I have to stay on top of both. With me, ESPN 2k is my favorite but I still like Madden.

We the consumer can only benefit as the two companies try to out do each other. So just pick your poison and enjoy...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »