Home

Sega Fanboy's Madden Impression (IGN)

This is a discussion on Sega Fanboy's Madden Impression (IGN) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2004, 09:14 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Sega Fanboy\'s Madden Impression (IGN)

Quote:

Frylock said:
i actually dont see why madden went gold so fast when it is not scheduled to be released for another couple of weeks. hopefully they bump up the release date

They sell so many copies of the thing! They'll need to get ready to ship it. Last year, I'm sure they know, the game was sold out everywhere within hours of release because of pre-orders, etc.

All the game stores in Lansing MI last year (Walmart, 2 EBGames, 2 Gamestops, Circuit City, 2 Best Buys, etc) were all sold out of it on the day it came out. I think they want to keep their product on the shelf.

Now to address some other points:

Quote:

IGN has consistently been in EA's pocket year after year.

I posted in another forum my experiences as a reviewer for 3 successful online review sites. EA has bar-none the MOST restrictive review criteria of anyone in the business. What that has generally meant is that sites who want to maintain a good relationship with them...deal with them favorably and EA scratches their back right back by providing exclusives like IGNs LOTR:Battle for Middle Earth coverage...

I don't think Madden is less of a game than it's propoting. But I also recognize that there is some favor going on. I don't think IGN is in EA's pocket. Look at their review of NCAA 2005...it didn't get that glowing a review. It was more like..."There's nothing else out there and they made an effort this year..."

Quote:

Considering that Madden just went gold it would be ludicrous NOT to put up an article about it.

That's exactly the way I look at it too!

Quote:

Showing a little favor toward one thing or another is human nature.

I vowed never to own another ESPN game after my horrid experience with ESPN 2K2...I couldn't complete passes...I couldn't run...it just wasn't fun. I was, and will remain, a Maddenite. I'm going to give ESPN a try again this year because of the pricepoint. If I like it...I'm not getting Madden because I'm tired of owning the CPU and my buddies.

Quote:

The ESPN Umpa Lumpas are in full hate mode.

OMG... Is that really needed? Are dissenting opinions not appreciated? I think for the most part this has been a good discussion. I raised some legit issues I think based on facts from other EA sports games that have come out with similar features.

I'm not bashing Madden...In fact...if you actually took the time to read my entire post I said a bunch of times that they were both good titles and ended it with the statement that I'm glad there is real competition between Madden and ESPN so that people have choice as that tends to increase the quality of both title...it's called Capitalism...no Jingoism.
Old 07-21-2004, 09:43 AM   #18
Banned

Programmed2Kill's Arena

OVR: 20

Yes it was needed. When it's to the point that people cannot be happy and post positive things about a game because the fans of the competition has a serious inferiority complex and feels a need to knock it, then someone should call them out.
Old 07-21-2004, 09:47 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:

Programmed2Kill said:
Yes it was needed. When it's to the point that people cannot be happy and post positive things about a game because the fans of the competition has a serious inferiority complex and feels a need to knock it, then someone should call them out.

Honestly...let me know what you take issue with in my evaluation of the editorial because maybe I'm missing something that you're picking up on that is sounding really "fanboy-ish."

I understand what you mean about people who are totally wrapped up in pimping one game or the other, but I honestly don't see that in this discussion. I addressed the 1 thing that seemed a bit bombastic, but other than that I think it was generally really positive about the article.
Old 07-21-2004, 09:55 AM   #20
Banned

Programmed2Kill's Arena

Quote:

medlinke said:
Quote:

Programmed2Kill said:

Honestly...let me know what you take issue with in my evaluation of the editorial because maybe I'm missing something that you're picking up on that is sounding really "fanboy-ish."

I understand what you mean about people who are totally wrapped up in pimping one game or the other, but I honestly don't see that in this discussion. I addressed the 1 thing that seemed a bit bombastic, but other than that I think it was generally really positive about the article.

I wasn't even responding to you. In fact, I didn't even read your post. I was responding to Captain ESPN aka njskills.
Old 07-21-2004, 09:56 AM   #21
**t *f y**r *l*m*nt D*nny

Bacardi151's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:

njskillz said:
You Maddenites are hilarious. IGN has consistently been in EA's pocket year after year. Same with most if not all of the gaming magazines. So stop your whining and crying. Your precious little Madden is safe. There are still millions of you that will buy it no matter what else is on the market. You will be able to puff your chests again about your sales figures, etc. etc.

First and final warning. This stupid "maddenites" tag will get you no cred here. I suggest you let those who enjoy the game post in peace in a forum dedicated to said game. Whether you agree with it or not, you shouldn't complain about how others react to an article and play the role of the "whatever game you prefer" victim. It's a game, nothing more. So i suggest you either relax, or take some time off to regroup your thoughts and learn that on the net, not everyone sees eye-to-eye.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2004, 10:11 AM   #22
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:

Programmed2Kill said:
Quote:

medlinke said:
Quote:

Programmed2Kill said:

I wasn't even responding to you. In fact, I didn't even read your post. I was responding to Captain ESPN aka njskills.

Your a funny guy Programmed. We are both from the Philly area. We can get together, and I will show you in person why your precious Madden is outdated as compared to ESPN. My response was to the title (Sega Fanboy.....IGN) That is an oxymoron.
Old 07-21-2004, 10:20 AM   #23
Banned

Programmed2Kill's Arena

Quote:

njskillz said:
Quote:

Programmed2Kill said:
Quote:

medlinke said:
Quote:

Programmed2Kill said:

Your a funny guy Programmed. We are both from the Philly area. We can get together, and I will show you in person why your precious Madden is outdated as compared to ESPN. My response was to the title (Sega Fanboy.....IGN) That is an oxymoron.

You're challenging me once again? Are your "boyz" gonna rough me up in a game of ESPN?

My precious little Madden? I'm not a fanboy of any game...I don't treat videogames like they are my clan and I carry a knife and bow and arrow to defend it.

Like Bacardi said, let people who like a game share info and enjoy it. Or maybe that's too smart for you to understand.
Old 07-21-2004, 10:21 AM   #24
Hall Of Fame

mjb2124's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:

njskillz said:

How is a game that hasn't been released yet outdated? I mean, NO ONE knows how good/bad Madden is going to be this year, yet some just assume it will be much worse than ESPN.

Once the game is out, this comment could very well hold merit, but until then it doesn't.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »