Home

Questions for all of you Madden "Ballers"

This is a discussion on Questions for all of you Madden "Ballers" within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2004, 02:58 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Questions for all of you Madden "Ballers"

Hey all. Big fan of the Madden and ESPN series'. I love both and play both every year. That being said, I'm much better at ESPN for some reason. I don't cheese at all, but I notice that the best Madden players always cheese big time. Many EB's are holding their Madden tournament tomorrow and they will be giving a free copy of 05' to the winner. I have never entered one of these, but I entered regardless. My plan was to play Madden all day today and see if I can get used to the controls again (I've been playing ESPN). Any tips on what plays, teams, and defenses I can use against the competition tomorrow?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2004, 04:14 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Questions for all of you Madden "Ballers"

If it's 2004 then use the Falcons wit Vick you'll pretty much unstoppable at least I was. If it;s 2005 then use the Eagles or the Pats. For players...lets see. Try using your Vick and Peerlees Price as often as possible, and don't forget about Dunn and Finneran(if 2004). If 2005 try to use McNabb and Owens. Also Westbrook is really good. The Pats run the ball with Dillon you need to. For plays, try to use shotgun and I-Form for the Falcons. There are some good plays in there that usuakky work, don't remember them though. For the Eagles use shotgun and pro-form. This will usually get 1 on 1 coverage with Owens which will work most everytime. The Pats use single back and I-Form and run the ball non-stop and mix in the occasional pass to Troy Brown and David Givens. Hope that helps a little.
Old 08-08-2004, 05:44 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

Thx for the advice man. It is 2004 so I imagine there will be many Falcons vs. Falcons games. I'm going to try the "I" and shotgun and see my results. I've never used the falcons before, but after watching the Madden Challenge on G4TV I know that they are HARD to stop. I also noticed many of the winners used the joystick to juke (very fake looking). They would basically stay in one spot and run around in circles. Defenders would go flying all over the place. Anyway, I need all the help I can get so any more suggestions are welcome.
Old 08-08-2004, 06:27 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 5

always hated Madden Tourneys due to the fact eveyone picks the same damn team.....need to make them use the Euro teams LOL.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »