Home

Wow, WHAT A GAME!

This is a discussion on Wow, WHAT A GAME! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2004, 11:47 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Wow, WHAT A GAME!

I just had the greatest game ever (or would have been if this was like NCAA and games were given greatness scores). But first, some background info on my franchise.

I'm using the packers, year one, and these are the transactions I made:
Mike McKenzie 90(hate him, how dare he hold out in real life)
Walker 84 or 85?
Tim Couch 79
to the Cardinals for:
Larry Fitzgerald 84 (86 after minicamp)
Kevin Kaesper 70
their center 69

Then I released 3 players, forgot who, just nobodies lol, doug pederson too. And got:
Cahd Hutchinson (who's a 77 now, decent backup)
John Mobley 86
Ryan McNeil 80
Victor Green 84

So as you can see my defense is pretty decent. And I might start Carroll soon since he's putting up great numbers on special teams and nickle package (int returned for td and forced fumble recovered and returned for td in 1st game).

Anyways, on to my game, week 3 of the season, I was 1-1 coming into this game (lost to the bears at home) against a 0-2 colts team. The game was at indiana.

So, I'm not gonna do a play by play thing, but with about 2:30 mins to go, I'm down 17-34. Great drive and Favre caps it off with a TD pass to Kaesper. I kick it off deep, and get the 3 and out, using 2 timeouts, and the 2 minute mark to stop the clock. I get it back with 1:54, 1 time out, and great play after great play, with Driver, Ferguson, and Fitzgerals coming up big. In the end it'd be Bubbah Franks who made the reception for a td with 45 seconds left, but then I miss the extra point (I know) and I'm down 30-34. I onside kick, and holy crap, high bounce, and Ahmad Carroll, what a rookie, he goes up and gets it back. Just like that, a long pass to driver, and Im in the 1 yard line. Brett Favre would sneak it in to see the pack go up 37-34. Manning wouldn't be able to get the Colts into field goal range, and I win, wow.

So now I'm 2-1......love this game. One thing I noticed, fly routes rarely work anymore even if you get one on one coverage......maybe because none of my receivers have speed higher than 91, but in the 3 games so far, only one hail mary worked to Fitzgerald.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2004, 11:50 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Wow, WHAT A GAME!

Please tell me this comeback didn't feel scripted.
Old 08-10-2004, 12:21 PM   #3
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Wow, WHAT A GAME!

Impressions thread...locked
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »