Home

So, is the game worth it?

This is a discussion on So, is the game worth it? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2004, 01:24 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
So, is the game worth it?

I already have ESPN, but it just seems like ESPN was missing some stuff this year. I am really interested in Madden, and I might buy it. I was gonna ask, is it worth it? Thanks in advance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2004, 01:29 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: So, is the game worth it?

If you are or ever was a madden fan and was sick and tired of the bs chucking the ball down the field garbage then yes it's worth it. If you always wanted good defense in ya madden game then yes it's worth it. If you always wanted hard hitting tackles then well you know the answer oh and i've heard franchise is deep as hell. It's still madden but it's a lot more fun this year. I'm keeping espn to play in my leagues but i don't think i'll be playing it to much other than that.
Old 08-11-2004, 01:36 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoodedSoldier
If you are or ever was a madden fan and was sick and tired of the bs chucking the ball down the field garbage then yes it's worth it. If you always wanted good defense in ya madden game then yes it's worth it. If you always wanted hard hitting tackles then well you know the answer oh and i've heard franchise is deep as hell. It's still madden but it's a lot more fun this year. I'm keeping espn to play in my leagues but i don't think i'll be playing it to much other than that.
im doing the same thing as hoodedsoldier, i just have espn to play in the online league because a friend of mine filled up a 32 team leaugue and i feel sorry to just quit, but madden will be in my ps2 alot more
Old 08-11-2004, 04:42 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 1

Heck ya its worth it buddy 50 bucks isnt alot of money compared to what we used to pay. I remember just a few years back the newest Madden was 80 bucks (so was every other game) the Good ole Commodore 64 and NES days those were the day man!
Old 08-11-2004, 05:05 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsGamer587
I already have ESPN, but it just seems like ESPN was missing some stuff this year. I am really interested in Madden, and I might buy it. I was gonna ask, is it worth it? Thanks in advance.
I feel exactly the opposite..i feel Madden is missing something..probally atmosphere i guess "game feels dead or dull" but its definately missing something. I dont see how you think ESPN is missing something as they covered it all even if some of the things ESPN covers isnt as good as it should be.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2004, 05:21 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

I don't know if it's worth 50 bucks...If I could get a full cash refund, I'd probably do it.
Old 08-11-2004, 07:24 AM   #7
--------------

dieselboy's Arena

OVR: 21

In one word,

Yes.
Old 08-11-2004, 08:37 AM   #8
Pro

OVR: 8

Yes, Madden is very good IMO. I love the defense part of the game both online and offline the scores are realistic. Ever online game(XBOX) I've played the score was never over 30 points I love that. Now ESPN is a good game but I like Madden better.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »