Home

16 : 9 screen capability?

This is a discussion on 16 : 9 screen capability? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2004, 10:33 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: 16 : 9 screen capability?

I don't get it. I set my XBOX dashboard to wide-screen and started up Madden 2005. Then I proceeded to go to practice mode and check if it worked correctly. The game is definitely in wide-screen, however for some reason the graphics don't look that sharp. There is constant flickering on the jerseys and such. I have Monster component cables and I was really hoping I could get the game to look like those IGN wide-screen movies. Any help?

Thanks
Old 08-18-2004, 11:12 PM   #10
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossfan8480
I don't get it. I set my XBOX dashboard to wide-screen and started up Madden 2005. Then I proceeded to go to practice mode and check if it worked correctly. The game is definitely in wide-screen, however for some reason the graphics don't look that sharp. There is constant flickering on the jerseys and such. I have Monster component cables and I was really hoping I could get the game to look like those IGN wide-screen movies. Any help?

Thanks
Get the XBOX HD pack. Looks pretty good on mine, although the Madden graphics are somewhat "edgy" by nature.
Old 08-18-2004, 11:15 PM   #11
MVP

The Monster component cables are the best around, I paid a lot of money for them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2004, 04:46 AM   #12
MVP

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Old 08-19-2004, 05:19 PM   #13
Pro

OG_McNabb's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondmd
i have a ps2, and it does not give me the option in the game system settings screen. Only 4 :3!
I just switched from 16 : 9 on my PS2 because for some reason the men look smaller than they did whey I played 04. Anyway before starting your game go to the system config. Switch it from there. Madden does not give you that option so you will have to do it using your PS2. Hopefully that made sense.
Old 08-19-2004, 05:24 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossfan8480

Thanks
1. Make sure you have 480p enabled in the xbox dashboard
2. What color jacks did you hook them up to on the TV ?
3. Make sure cables are connected tight and you didn't accidently hook one to the wrong jack
Old 08-19-2004, 05:29 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 4

Is it just me or does Madden look bad in 480p for others? I get shadow outlines around the right edges of players and objects and some flickering.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2004, 09:40 PM   #16
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heelfan71
1. Make sure you have 480p enabled in the xbox dashboard
2. What color jacks did you hook them up to on the TV ?
3. Make sure cables are connected tight and you didn't accidently hook one to the wrong jack
1. Yep, I have 480p enabled.
2. The colors are (in order from top to bottom); Green, Blue, Red, White, Red
3. I am almost positive each one is hooked up correctly.

It quite possibly might be that I am just expecting better then I am seeing, and this is truly what it is suppose to look like. Help me clear this up please and let me know if when lining up for the snap, the numbers on shoulders of the linebackers jerseys are suppose to be unclear, and unable to be distinguished? For instance the Giants Linebackers shoulder numbers just look like two red lines almost, it is completely impossible to tell what number they are based off their shoulder pads, is that what it is suppose to look like on 480p?

Thanks, hopefully you can help me out.

Last edited by Mossfan8480; 08-19-2004 at 09:57 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »