Home

I Need Help Passing!!!!

This is a discussion on I Need Help Passing!!!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2004, 02:34 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
I Need Help Passing!!!!

This is the first Madden i ever buy (usually buy 2ks) and i have to say that it is the best football game i have every played, but i SUCK at passing. I have the rams, so my offense should be kicking ***, but they are not. My defense is actually pretty good, but you wanna know what is the weakest part of my defense?....... my offense!! I throw about 3 INTs pergame and that is how they score their points, now that i think about it, my running game sucks too. Anyone have any tips on how to play good offense in Madden? Some of you veteran Madden gamers have to have some good tips to get the offense goin, i need serious help!!! I lost to the 49ers and am playing on All-pro (the one bellow all-madden)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2004, 02:26 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: I Need Help Passing!!!!

?
Old 08-11-2004, 03:22 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunami
This is the first Madden i ever buy (usually buy 2ks) and i have to say that it is the best football game i have every played, but i SUCK at passing. I have the rams, so my offense should be kicking ***, but they are not. My defense is actually pretty good, but you wanna know what is the weakest part of my defense?....... my offense!! I throw about 3 INTs pergame and that is how they score their points, now that i think about it, my running game sucks too. Anyone have any tips on how to play good offense in Madden? Some of you veteran Madden gamers have to have some good tips to get the offense goin, i need serious help!!! I lost to the 49ers and am playing on All-pro (the one bellow all-madden)
Are you throwing into coverage? Throwing off your back foot? We need more detail. I got the game yesterday, and only played one game, but had no problem throwing the ball when I sat in the pocket correctly. If I threw off the back foot, accuracy was definitely affected..
Old 08-11-2004, 03:28 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by samjjones
Are you throwing into coverage? Throwing off your back foot? We need more detail. I got the game yesterday, and only played one game, but had no problem throwing the ball when I sat in the pocket correctly. If I threw off the back foot, accuracy was definitely affected..
I actually never knew that there was Maximum passing in Madden, now that i use it, i can pass a lot better, thnx though
Old 08-11-2004, 04:16 PM   #5
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

When I'm on offense I rarely look at any of my offensive players until after I release the ball. First I check for the blitz after that I look at the zone where my primary receiver should be when I finish my drop. Even before you finish your drop you should be able to tell if you can get it to your primary. By the time I plant I've already moved on to option #2 after that I'm goint to dump it off. I'm not good enough to make 4 or 5 reads in the time I have to pass.
This is just speculation on my part, but I think most video game players always try to get the first down when its third down. So what it if its picked or incomplete. Unless the game is on the line or their down by multiple scores late, real QB's don't always do this. QB's will complete that 8 yard square in on 3 and 15 hoping the receiver can maybe make a play. If not, punt and live to fight another day.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »