Home

Replays and Challenges

This is a discussion on Replays and Challenges within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2004, 11:14 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Replays and Challenges

Maybe i missed this, but i have seen everyone saying how it sucks that you cant do this online. but what i want to know is why not? it doesnt seem to slowdown ESPN at all?? Last night i was playing some dude, i was down by 6 with 21 sec left, i threw a deep out to Moss he was wide open with 4 feet in bounds and they called it incomplete. i would have had the ball 1st and goal from the 5 yard line with 14-15 sec left. i was PISSED!!!

anyone know the reason....if i missed this-my bad

thanks in advance
noska
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2004, 11:19 AM   #2
Bl*bfl*th z*p!

fossen's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Replays and Challenges

They have not said specifically this year, but their reasoning for last year was:

To have Challenges online, there must be calls that are intentionally wrong. But if the user doesn't challenge, they could lose the game due to a bad call (that the CPU made) that they ignored.

Simply put, there are no Challenges online, because the refs are perfect online. Moss was out.

Personally, I love the feeling of calling a Challenge online in ESPN. it's always a fun moment as you try to rewrite a big play by your opponent. But I can see EA's point of view.
Old 08-11-2004, 11:22 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Replays and Challenges

Dude im telling you this was the first time i saw this, the guy i was playing was laughing his *** off he caught it just outside the right hash, and literally stepped 4 steps in bounds. my oppenent couldnt believe it!!

im not bs'ing

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »