Home

I can't Pass !!!

This is a discussion on I can't Pass !!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2004, 02:24 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44
I can't Pass !!!

I am having a heck of a time completing passes (All Pro Default). And it seem near impossible to go deep. I think the DB's are a little too good. Any tips ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2004, 02:26 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: I can't Pass !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heelfan71
I am having a heck of a time completing passes (All Pro Default). And it seem near impossible to go deep. I think the DB's are a little too good. Any tips ?
Have tried just practicing in the practice mode for a while. Full 11-on-11 and let the CPU pick random plays for you till you get your timing down.
Old 08-11-2004, 02:38 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

I think since I am the Falcons I may be throwing off my back foot too.
Old 08-11-2004, 02:41 PM   #4
Pro

TheProfessional's Arena

OVR: 4

first, i need to ask who are you playing with? maybe that's the problem in and of itself?

As far as "tips", i've been having some trouble getting re-aquainted with madden myself. I've been a huge fan of the sega football series. But like many here i grew up spending many a sleepless night as a little lad playing Madden. Anyway, this year i decided to go with madden...and it has taken some time to get used to the subtle transition. But some things i've done that helped me....

I for one found the passing mini camps to be a huge help. if you haven't tried those...give 'em a shot. they help with knowing when to throw the ball to the reciever coming out of a break/cut.

Trying to read the defense helps too. zone vs man and where and how the defensive backs are positioned. if they're playing 2-deep its going to be hard to throw long because the corners have help deep. If that's the case try to audible to a slant route or out/in route. most of the time something in the middle tends to open up.

also trying throwing to spots instead of looking for recievers, that's helped me as well. To be more specific with that....anticipating when a reciever is going to be open. Almost like trusting your recievers to get to the ball. i've found if you're looking for a reciever to be "open" like in years past...its going to be a long day because it rarely happens (which is a good thing i think)

Also if you're having trouble going deep, if you seen single coverage and no help over top, just heave it up there like the nfl. i've had a fair amount of success in just doing that.

Don't know if any of that is going to really help you....its also pretty common stuff if you know you're football, but doing those things has helped me...hope it helps you some too.
Old 08-11-2004, 02:42 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heelfan71
I think since I am the Falcons I may be throwing off my back foot too.
Yes, I too, had to control the Vick urge I try to stay in the pocket a little more now. I did break off a 33 yard touchdown run with Vick against the Vikings though after the play broke down. Imagine that, the Vikings have another Vick highlight to add to their collection. Hehe
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2004, 02:49 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

TheProfessional,

I did the QB drills and I can do those fine so my probem is probably not staying still when I throw (I play with the Falcons). I'm going to practice some more tonight, I fell like I don't have enought time to throw it.
Old 08-11-2004, 03:27 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Look at the defence, find weakest spot, hot route a slant (white/black buttons), hit em when their open.
Old 08-11-2004, 03:29 PM   #8
Rookie

JBalfour4's Arena

OVR: 1

You need to go on Football 1 on 1, Madden explains everything. After watching him explain everything, I became a good player online.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »