Home

Deep Routes in All Madden Mode

This is a discussion on Deep Routes in All Madden Mode within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2004, 02:45 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 21
Deep Routes in All Madden Mode

I have not played online yet so I dont know if this is the case in multiplayer games but in games against the CPU, I am noticing on the Deep routes ike Posts and Corner routes and Flys that by the time the WR's get down field to make their cuts, you are under so much pressure you can bearly set your feet to throw the ball. Even with just 4 men rushing you. When you do get time, in most cases, your Fast WR's get very little seperation from whoever is covering them man to man no matter what speed they are, and LB's underneath make you have to put some touch on the ball to throw down the middle and when you do that makes the ball slower in getting there and gives the DB's time to recover the little seperation you had. If 2 WRs on the same side of the field go deep its nthing but DB's and WR's ping ponging into each other and by the time they get by each other, your QB is either sacked or running for his life. Its almost as if the game is unbalanced. I am not gonna say it is yet, cause it may be me. If anyone has any tips I would appreciate it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2004, 03:04 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Deep Routes in All Madden Mode

Yeah I noticed this as well. It also doesnt help that the DBs can absolutely MAUL the WRs throughout the entire route. I have only seen 1 PI call through about 10 games so far and that was when Coles got tackled while going for the ball on a crossing route.
Old 08-11-2004, 03:08 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 8

i was playing with my boys all day yesterday and it is possible to throw a deep ball. Just stay in the pocket, i found myself sometimes falling into bad habits and falling way to far back which allows the ends to get to ya. Keep ya butt in the pocket to allow yaself more time.
Old 08-11-2004, 03:28 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 21

I am staying in the pocket, ESPN got me trained on doing that.

I am also noticing if its your x or z wr running the post routes against cover 2, the safety on that side will follow him to the middle of the field. I dont recall this behavior in past versions of Madden. However if a slot or TE runs a post the safeties ignore them when they get to the middle of the field.

Saqs, you are right, the wr's get beat up pretty bad going down field sometimes.

Also, This year, the WR's seem to HIDE the DB's covering them sometimes. You think your man is open only to find when you throw the ball a DB pops out of no where. One time I looked at the replay and the DB was standing right behind my WR and because the WR's model was bigger than the DB model from the game play point of view, you could not see him at all.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »