Home

Help me with out fellas, big project I am starting

This is a discussion on Help me with out fellas, big project I am starting within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2004, 04:44 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Help me with out fellas, big project I am starting

My name is Will and I am starting a project to get EA's attention. We all know this Madden is probably the best football engine we have ever seen, key phrase there is engine. However after playing 2k5 there is no denying some things need to change. Madden continues to charge a premium price, but they are lagging in some areas. My goal is to complile a chart to send into EA listing the major improvements needed to charge 50 bones for their product. So send your thoughts in the following format to [email protected]

Name

Areas that need to be improved for you to purchase Madden 2006.

Areas that can be tweaked or stay the same.

Closing Comments.

Keep this to a reasonable length please, I will be re organizing much of the info myself. Do not just say this sucks, give me specfic examples and direct answers please. Now I have to rant about things I would like to see improved myself.

There are 4 key areas that Madden better improve in for me to buy 2006. The are graphics, presentation animations and control set up.

1. Graphics/Player Models: WTF DO WE STILL HAVE THE MADDEN MIDGETS IN THIS GAME ALREADY!!! NFl2k, the original one has bigger players. There is no excuse with the triple rendering and other graphical advancements made for this to still be happening. EA step up already and play with the big boys here. The fields, stadiums and jersey need even more of a overhaul also. Someone posted a pic of 2k5 and Madden 05 side by side and the difference is nothing short of incredible. Madden has been around for over 15 years and have not adavnced this in almost 5 years, come on already, get it done!!

2. Presentation: Why do the menus take so long to load? Why do we still have a lot of the same menus? Who knows, but it needs to be changed. The menus is 2k5 are better, easy to navigate and most of all are quick. Madden feels like running them on a celeron proccessor!! Now granted the opening screen is great, Radio is great and the menus are very poilished, but can we at least try something different already!! 2K5 is more overall fun to play because of the ESPN style, the Crib, etc. On the field Madden is the king, but everything else goes to 2k5. Except for the Radio and PDA feature, vey good. The command buttons for the menus also need to be redone and the menus condeseded down some.

3. Animations: Yes they are very, very, very good. However after you play with the weight system that espn uses if feels like you are making a compromise on Madden. Guys in 2k5 will take themselves out by leaning too far to one side, get hurt because of the weight shifting, PLANT THEIR KNEE DURING THE ANIMATION, really the list is to big. This kind of system needs to be introduced in Madden 06, it makes the running game very challenging but damn fun. And while the tackling animation go to Madden, they could learn from the competition some.

4. Control set up: This is one area I think most people will agree with me on, the controls in Madden feel dated big time. 2k has this down to a art form and EA is showing its age here. THE TURBO AND PLAYER CHANGE BUTTONS SHOULD NOT CHANGE FROM OFFENSE TO DEFENSE, KEEP THEM THE SAME. The controls in the game need to be simplified and streamlined some.

Okay that is my rant and I hope to hear from people soon on this, thanks to anyone that will help out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2004, 04:56 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Help me with out fellas, big project I am starting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liger20
And while the tackling animation go to Madden, they could learn from the competition some.
Wow...I doubt many people would agree with you there. ESPN is way better looking in almost all ways, especially tackling animations. The one example I always come back to is when a guy is getting dragged down in Madden the rest of the tacklers just bounce off the animation. In ESPN you can actually change the direction of the animation and modify it with a second guy. Sure, Madden has gang tackling, but it's canned...two guys have to hit him or be in the vicinity at the same time. It's very forced. ESPN feels and looks a lot more natural.
Old 08-11-2004, 05:04 PM   #3
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

I find it completely laughable that Madden(also NCAA) uses only 4 fans in diffrent gear for its crowd cut scenes who also move generically whereas ESPN will show 3-30 fans at any given time that all move independently.

Presentation EA, step it up.
Old 08-11-2004, 05:06 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

check out maddenwishlist.com
Old 08-11-2004, 05:16 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by muntz70
check out maddenwishlist.com
Second that.

Here's a link: http://www.maddenwishlist.com
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »