Home

Official Trade Talk Thread...

This is a discussion on Official Trade Talk Thread... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2004, 05:16 PM   #73
Pro

OG_McNabb's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Official Trade Talk Thread...

It seems good to me considering K. Jones is a Rookie with plenty of upside.
Old 08-25-2004, 05:22 PM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by headrulz101
Guys was this a good trade, I traded Staley

Duce Staley(84 OVR)

for:

Kevin Jones(Rookie, 78 OVR) (RB)
Loverne(79 Ovr,) (RG)
5th round draft pick.

I traded Staley because now I have a monster in Bettis and a Fast Running Back with Jones, since he has 92 speed.

if by good trade you mean 'completely rip off the other team' then yes, it was a good trade.
Old 09-04-2004, 07:23 PM   #75
Rookie

OVR: 1

would any body do this trade

I am the texans and i am trying to get younger at a couple of positions mainly on the Dline, so my question is...

would you trade DE Gary Walker my 1st round pick (#32) my second round pick (#32) for the browns 1st round pick (#1), 4th round pick(#1) and their 5th round pick(#1)

just wanted to see what anybody thought about that!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2004, 07:28 PM   #76
Rookie

I am the texans and i am trying to get younger at a couple of positions mainly on the Dline, so my question is...

would you trade DE Gary Walker my 1st round pick (#32) my second round pick (#32) for the browns 1st round pick (#1), 4th round pick(#1) and their 5th round pick(#1)

Old 09-04-2004, 07:56 PM   #77
Bacon

CM1847's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel

If there's somebody worth getting with that #1 pick, then do it. If you want a d-linemen but none are rated as Top 10 draft picks, then you really won't get what you need from the trade. Go through scouting and find one or two guys you really want to get, and start the draft. Wait a few picks until you think the guy you are targeting is going to get picked and then try to make a trade. If you wait till like the 10th pick, you won't have to give up nearly as much as you would for that #1 overall.

As for my trades, the further along I get in my franchise, the more trades I tend to do. I traded Keyshawn Johnson, my 3rd round pick and an O-lineman rated around 80 to the 49ers for Brendan Lloyd and their first round pick. Lloyd's contract was up after the season and he was a restricted FA, so I made an offer but somebody matched offering me the 19th pick in the 1st and 3rd rounds, so I took that deal. I had 3 1st round picks(18th was the highest since the 49ers went on a tear after getting Keyshawn!). With those picks i got:
-CB rated 76 at the start of the season, 99 speed
-LOLB rated 74
-QB rated 70, but has 85 speed and 92 Throw-Power

So it worked out pretty well, I'm probably gonna deal Henson in this offseason for a top 10 pick so I can give that 85 speed guy a shot at starting, he was a lot of fun to use in preseason games!
Old 09-04-2004, 09:59 PM   #78
Rookie

how does the restricted free agent's work?? with my and team somebody else's team?? also i am using the draft classes from ncaa 2005 so i can make it is real life as possible.

Last edited by Miguel; 09-04-2004 at 10:03 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »