Home

Played Madden 2008 PC. 10 years old game. It's kinda sad

This is a discussion on Played Madden 2008 PC. 10 years old game. It's kinda sad within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-22-2017, 06:09 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Played Madden 2008 PC. 10 years old game. It's kinda sad

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykelmosinee
I run it on my 3 year old laptop. I7 processor, Nvidia 540m card, 8gb memory...and run it on highest settings. It runs beautifully.
Google Madden 08 mods and look at the 1st site that shows up.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Bought it. Installed the modded roster (took me a while, but I got Superstar to run with the modded roster; it’ll crash sometimes before I play a game). Now it’s just about trying to find that balance; sliders, quarter length, difficulty, things like that. I forgot how sticky the defense is and playing TE with Jay Cutler as your QB is infuriating sometimes.

But I’m glad I bought it. It’s so refreshing to see penalties being called without the tweak of a slider. And Kirk Cousins scrambled six times on me, something he’d never do in M18. It’s not 2K5, but I’ll take it. 08 outclasses M18 IMO.
Old 11-18-2017, 09:50 PM   #10
Pro

trey31's Arena

OVR: 2

find my username on football idiot and check out the links in my signature. M08 is back in a huge way.
Old 12-20-2017, 06:13 PM   #11
Hail To The Redskins!

cjallure24's Arena

OVR: 18

Firing this game backup and diving into Franchise mode has rekindled my love for Madden Football. Not only has it given me my football fix, it has made me fall in love with Madden again. And has saved me money, which is really beneficial.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2018, 10:50 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by trey31
find my username on football idiot and check out the links in my signature. M08 is back in a huge way.
Haven't fully played this game in a decade. And I'm glad to be back apart of the 08 community. Trey, I love your mods, especially the dynamic lighting one. Man this game is so great and has one of, if not the best, modding communities.
Old 01-22-2018, 01:11 PM   #13
Pro

trey31's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock
Haven't fully played this game in a decade. And I'm glad to be back apart of the 08 community. Trey, I love your mods, especially the dynamic lighting one. Man this game is so great and has one of, if not the best, modding communities.
I second that. Check out Calhoupe's scripts, which allows for options and updates all the NFL rules like the kickoff and Extra Point location, etc.

rogerjinx's roster is usually a direct port of current Madden games. The player portraits in the rosters are actually more up to date than some of Madden 18's portraits. The coaches are all current.

You can edit playbooks to your heart's desire. Globally edit your own roster to bump or lower attributes by position or age or whatever.

Q's Uniforms are great and they're all current with the 2017-2018 season.

I passed up Madden 13 and 25 to stick with 12, but after trying out 08 on PC, I've been hooked since 2014.
Old 01-22-2018, 01:52 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by trey31
I second that. Check out Calhoupe's scripts, which allows for options and updates all the NFL rules like the kickoff and Extra Point location, etc.

rogerjinx's roster is usually a direct port of current Madden games. The player portraits in the rosters are actually more up to date than some of Madden 18's portraits. The coaches are all current.

You can edit playbooks to your heart's desire. Globally edit your own roster to bump or lower attributes by position or age or whatever.

Q's Uniforms are great and they're all current with the 2017-2018 season.

I passed up Madden 13 and 25 to stick with 12, but after trying out 08 on PC, I've been hooked since 2014.
I got back into like the beginning of last week, installed practically everything I could get my hands on. I was trying to see if there was anything else I could do to improve Madden so I installed the direct x runtime and I think it may have caused an issue with calhoupe's 1080p script. I just get a blank screen when using texmod and after I finish a game.

I posted about it in the trouble shoot section on football idiots.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »