Home

Fumbling Punts

This is a discussion on Fumbling Punts within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2004, 12:33 PM   #1
G* H*gs G*!!

TheTruth's Arena

OVR: 8
Fumbling Punts

Is everyone here having success catching a punt and not fumbling? I have to call a fair catch in order to not fumble. Every time I have not called a fair catch I get hit and fumble.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2004, 12:44 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Fumbling Punts

If you have a defender near you, you are much better off calling for a fair catch. If your guys have done a good job of coverage blocking, then you should be OK catching the ball. I have noticed a lot of fumbles when I try to catch the ball (without calling for a fair catch) and a defender is in my proximity.
Old 08-13-2004, 12:46 PM   #3
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcalvert
If you have a defender near you, you are much better off calling for a fair catch. If your guys have done a good job of coverage blocking, then you should be OK catching the ball. I have noticed a lot of fumbles when I try to catch the ball (without calling for a fair catch) and a defender is in my proximity.
Exactl, most time I let the CPU catch the ball for me...
Old 08-13-2004, 02:06 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

I have noticed that if I start moving left or right after the catch I fumble the ball... If I start straight ahead, and then make a cut, I am okay... I think it might be the whole " Running without having the ball yet " logic... Makes it quite interesting compared to last year when Punt returns were expected and not earned. I avg. maybe 5 yards a return now. Makes for a more ball control / field position game.
Old 08-13-2004, 08:32 PM   #5
TIm
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner
I have noticed that if I start moving left or right after the catch I fumble the ball... If I start straight ahead, and then make a cut, I am okay... I think it might be the whole " Running without having the ball yet " logic... Makes it quite interesting compared to last year when Punt returns were expected and not earned. I avg. maybe 5 yards a return now. Makes for a more ball control / field position game.

That happend to me 4 times in 2 games..ahahha..I wasn't aware of this but when you pick punt return you have to put the icon on your returner..If not they guy will catch the ball get hit and fumble....There are times when you call a fair catch and times you don't...So just choose your returner and do it accordingly.By the way I love the kick off and kick return cameras where you can see the whole field
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2004, 08:39 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 5

look at your players catching and carrying attributes those affect it the most.
Old 08-13-2004, 11:08 PM   #7
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruth
Is everyone here having success catching a punt and not fumbling? I have to call a fair catch in order to not fumble. Every time I have not called a fair catch I get hit and fumble.
I love this aspect of the game. True to life.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »