Home

Throwing Deep on All-Madden

This is a discussion on Throwing Deep on All-Madden within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2004, 08:55 AM   #1
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Throwing Deep on All-Madden

This has been difficult for me so I have spent much time practising it. I discovered that you have to lead the receiver deep with a lob or it will never be complete. I just lost a game with the Dolphins against the Titans in my franchise and Boston could not catch one deep ball against Samari Rolle all game. They were daring me to and I couldn't complete one.

I went back to practise some more and I found that using the lead (deep and to the outside) was not that effective with the analog stick (ps2). You had to use the d-pad to lead the receiver with the lob as the analog wouldn't put it deep enough. I had two to three times the success leading with the d-pad instead of the analog stick. Hope this helps others who are struggling.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2004, 08:57 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 18
Re: Throwing Deep on All-Madden

ball projectory is the problem with the deep pass, the ball stays in the air too long, allowing the db to make a better read on it than yourself
Old 08-15-2004, 10:45 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 21

Its frustrating to see the CPU burn your DB one on one deep, but your WR gets a step on the cpu and no matter what, the cpu DB's always seem to catch up and swat the ball. I have tried leading the ball and its always over thrown. Guess ill have to practice more.
Old 08-15-2004, 10:54 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 21

RudyJuly, I LOVE YOU MAN !

I just went into practice mode and started using the D-pad instead of the analog stick to lead. MAN !!!! I am completing the passes now much more.

The WR actually is pulling away from the DB now. Thanks for the tip.
Old 08-15-2004, 11:16 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

Does this work on Xbox too?

And how do you do it, just tap the pass button, and push up on the dpad at the same time?

I've also had a lot of trouble with the deep ball.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2004, 11:33 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 12

I've overthrown WRs by a big margin with the analog stick.

Haven't tried throwing to the outside however, just straight up.

I will have to try it but it seems things are different in practice. And things are different still online. For instance, you can't breakaway by simply going straight online. You have to weave to avoid being caught from behind.

Oh and what does this have to do with All-Madden?
Old 08-15-2004, 12:20 PM   #7
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by wco81
Oh and what does this have to do with All-Madden?
People just seem to think its impossible to throw deep on All-Madden but with practice and using the d-pad instead of the analog stick, its actually very doable when you are one on one down the field.

As soon as you tap the button for the lob, make sure to press the d-pad up (and I usually point to the corner as well) and hold it there until the ball is down the field. I haven't had a chance to test it out in a game as I was practising for 40 minutes with it this morning after losing to the Titans. Hopefully will get some more time in today but I'm not single lol.

Glad its working for you Tombsong.
Old 08-15-2004, 12:26 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32

I know that using the analog stick, i've rarely completed a deep ball. I'll have to try this.

Currently Listening: The D.O.C.: No One Can Do It Better (evidence that rap music used to be good!)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »