Home

is your QB running and throwing for you?

This is a discussion on is your QB running and throwing for you? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2004, 01:12 PM   #1
The Broski

MMan's Arena

OVR: 12
is your QB running and throwing for you?

I'm espn minded and after I hike the ball I like to sit in the pocket like a normal QB would. I'm not the type to hut the ball and drop back 20yds. My issue is that the QB sometimes runs or throws by itself if you wait a second after the drop animation. Is there a way to turn this off? Thanks.

and I'm not hatin, I'm lovin Madden more than ESPN right now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2004, 01:37 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

mjb2124's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: is your QB running and throwing for you?

I don't know man. It's never happened to me. That might be because I take control of the QB's dropback. If memory serves me correctly, I think that if you just hike the ball and let the animation take over, the QB will throw for you. I'm really not sure about that though....
Old 08-15-2004, 01:42 PM   #3
Pro

techhokies's Arena

I think it always does that. That's what people use to call the coach mode the past couple years where the computer just runs the play for you if you don't touch anything. I just take a step forward as soon as the animation stops, also I haven't seen an option to turn it off.
Old 08-15-2004, 02:41 PM   #4
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

This depends if you turn Auto Avoid on in the game settings. If it is off and you snap the ball without touching the joystick, the game will take over for you completely and drop back and throw the ball. You have to drop back manually to avoid this.

If you want the computer to drop back for you but NOT throw, turn the Auto Avoid ON. The QB will even slide around the pocket for you while you decide when to pass.
Old 08-15-2004, 03:17 PM   #5
The Broski

MMan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
This depends if you turn Auto Avoid on in the game settings. If it is off and you snap the ball without touching the joystick, the game will take over for you completely and drop back and throw the ball. You have to drop back manually to avoid this.

If you want the computer to drop back for you but NOT throw, turn the Auto Avoid ON. The QB will even slide around the pocket for you while you decide when to pass.
i love you
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2004, 04:12 PM   #6
T*rg*t F**ld

bergie56's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:

Where is this option located?
Old 08-15-2004, 04:55 PM   #7
All Star

Holic's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:

So that's what the Auto-Avoid is! Thanks for the info, I was wondering about that.
Old 08-15-2004, 05:08 PM   #8
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18

Yes, Very Nice... thank you... I needed that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »