Home

Formation Shift Idea for Next Year

This is a discussion on Formation Shift Idea for Next Year within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2004, 01:56 PM   #1
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

OVR: 13
Formation Shift Idea for Next Year

Next year I would like for this to work a little differently. This year you select a formation in the play call screen and then you go to the line, and you can shift to a different formation. This would be more functional if it worked the other way around. Let me explain....

I attend every Chiefs home game and watch them on TV religiously. They shift formations on almost every play. Usually you will see someone like Tony Gonzalez or Dante Hall line up in the backfield, with Tony Richardson (the FB) out wide. Then they all move around, and TRich will end up in the backfield with Tony and Dante out wide. Madden '06 needs to let you select a "bluff" formation before you select your play. That way, you line up in the bluff and then everyone moves to the formation you really called your play for. It makes the formation shift much more functional that way.

If I line up in an I-Form normal and decide I want to switch to a 3-wide, the concept this year works fine, the TE just moves outside. But if I want to show 4 WR and then have one of them line up at fullback, I can't do it without editing my FB to my 4 WR formation. I don't want to have Dante Hall lining up as my blocking back.

Maybe I'm not making any sense, does anyone understand what I'm getting at? Also, if there is any way to do this in this year's game, please let me know. I haven't messed around with this feature too much because I don't like the way that it appears to be implemented.

Last edited by Mizzou23; 08-16-2004 at 01:58 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2004, 02:07 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Formation Shift Idea for Next Year

You made perfect sense. That is what I thought I was gonan get at first too, the real formation shifts. Every team does it, some more then others(Rams, Chiefs). But this is a good start, typical EA.
Old 08-16-2004, 02:12 PM   #3
Pro

Chibi's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Formation Shift Idea for Next Year

That makes total sense, and I completely agree. I'm a Chiefs fan, too, and that would really add a lot to the game-playing experience.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »