Home

Guys what do you think!!!

This is a discussion on Guys what do you think!!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2004, 12:51 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Guys what do you think!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIm
Why wouldn't it work and no it wouldn't be the end of competition...989 and Microsoft will be in it...There is no reason why it wouldn't...In fact it would work and stop a whole lot of nonsense on these boards....
Timmy Timmy Timmy... first of all 989 Sports is NO COMPETITION, we all know that, EA knows that. All the other football games dont even come REMOTELY close to ESPN or Madden, so if Madden scoops up ESPN youre going to get fed the same recycled sheeit every year (with a couple of new gimmicks thrown in to keep you buying it). Im not bashing Madden, I like the game..but come on now..you would think by now they would do something really "different" okay so the graphics have imporved somewhat..and we got the "hit stick" now (whoo hoo!) Same commentary every year, boring *** John Madden Boring *** Al Michaels..outside of the playmaker and hit stick Madden hasnt really done much to change thier game. Even the music gets recycled. It pisses me off beacuse I think it's an insult to our intelligence. I hear music they recycled from Knockout Kings, NBA Street, and other games they have allready made. To me thats a sign of pure laziness and an attempt to cut costs and turn as big of a profit as possible. If ANYONE should have sold thier game for 19.99 this year it should have been Madden because outside of roster updates and a few new key features, you have the same game that you did last year...but like I said before, EA knows they have a HUGE market share..they know people are gonna go out and buy Madden every year just because its Madden so why should they make a real effort to change thier game? Why do that when they allready have you as a loyal addicted customer anyways. It's not to say I dont like the game, I do...but I think EA takes us for granted now. I dont want to see EA scoop up the ESPN license because ESPN's presentation blows anything else away, Madden doesnt even come close in that department, or the graphics and sound department..if they scoop up ESPN youre gonna get the same Madden next year that you got this year with some ESPN logos slapped on the game..i DO NOT WANT TO SEE THAT.
Old 08-21-2004, 01:12 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIm
Why wouldn't it work and no it wouldn't be the end of competition...989 and Microsoft will be in it...There is no reason why it wouldn't...In fact it would work and stop a whole lot of nonsense on these boards....
Microsoft stopped their sports games
Old 08-21-2004, 01:34 PM   #11
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan0386
ok, back at e3 backbreaker or whoever was there said that an VC developer when asked to play madden, was like no

so if devs dont want to play other's games, why would they want to share ideas
actually some vc devs do play madden and like the game. I wouldn't be surprised if the same was true for some of tiburon's staff playing nfl2k5.

Last edited by Kanobi; 08-21-2004 at 01:49 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2004, 03:34 PM   #12
MVP

rock85's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinny
Microsoft stopped their sports games
Microsoft took a year off of there baseball and football franchise to regroup for next year( i guess hockey too) I just read about the end of all the sports games for microsoft well i think that kind of sucks especially for inside drive that was my favorite basketball game

Last edited by rock85; 08-21-2004 at 03:43 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »