Home

If this is truly the Last Madden, I think I've got an idea

This is a discussion on If this is truly the Last Madden, I think I've got an idea within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2004, 02:35 AM   #33
Rookie

MrTennessee's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: If this is truly the Last Madden, I think I've got an idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by headrulz101
I think a really good Idea for EA Sports next year, with Madden or without, is that their should be a new Mode called, Career,

In Career you will make your own guy, and he will start out as a rookie who is coming from colleges and has to be drafted, to get drafted good you will have to do some Mini Games where teams watch you and see what they think about you, after if you get drafted, you have to go through position battles, and you can say, whether you like the position your playing, if your mad that your second string, and so on, other things that an NFL player would say/do. After that you can ask for trades and so on or ask for more money.

For gameplay, you will have a camera that is not really zoomed in on you but sort of, like sometyhing like Socom US NAVY SEALS style, and you have to follow you routes/blocks. Also you won't be playing defense, you will just be playing you position and if you are a second string, you can watch teh game or simulate it.

After all I think this will be a cool addition, but theyre will still be regular franchise which we all love.
Now i LIKE that idea alot!

Plus this idea with the Fox pregame would be a heck of a lot better than say CBS?
Old 08-21-2004, 02:35 AM   #34
Rookie

MrTennessee's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squint
Nice ideas but I don't think Madden is leaving anytime soon. I heard an interview with Madden and he said that he'd stay with the game as long as it remained as true to a simulation of football as possible (not like NFL Blitz).

Another thing to think of his just how much Madden's legend has grown because of this game. It is a part of Americana and I'd wager a beer that most Madden gamers (the casual ones) under the age of 20 don't know that Madden was a head coach in the NFL (a Superbowl winner at that) and probably figure that Madden was just a TV analyst that became bigger than life because of this game. Madden gets all of this free pub and gets paid for it. Why would he ever want to leave that?
What team was it that he won the superbowl with? I know he used to coach so at least that I know a little NFL.
Old 08-21-2004, 02:47 AM   #35
Hall Of Fame

Chaos81's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTennessee
What team was it that he won the superbowl with? I know he used to coach so at least that I know a little NFL.
Oakland, I believe they beat Minnesota to win.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2004, 03:25 AM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 1

Ill bet some people dont know either that it was the L.A. Raiders for a while.
Im willing to wager most people werent even born yet.
Old 08-21-2004, 11:48 AM   #37
MVP

devilsjaw's Arena

OVR: 27

If Joe Buck and Troy Aikman end up on any sports video game, I'd shoot myself.
Old 08-21-2004, 01:03 PM   #38
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilsjaw
If Joe Buck and Troy Aikman end up on any sports video game, I'd shoot myself.
Seriously, I just about died of laughter!
Old 08-21-2004, 02:00 PM   #39
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

I seriously doubt that EA would go with any network's presentation (graphics/stat layovers/etc) in a new NFL game without Madden's name on it. Look at the other EA Sports titles. Do we play ABC NBA Basketball or Fox Sports World FIFA Soccer? No, we do not. The presentation/stat overlays are all from this mythical television network called EA Sports. That's the way they package it and I'd expect them to continue doing so.

I think the most likely scenario should Madden decide to not resign, is that they'll follow the NHL series and just call it NFL Football 2006. Who the play-by-play guys will be is anyone's guess. My guess would be Jim Nantz and Phil Simms, who will now be headlining the CBS booth.
Old 08-21-2004, 02:52 PM   #40
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

I've heard the most likely replacement for Madden is Troy Aikman as the game sponsor/commentator and endorser. Reason being is that he is the highest rated young broadcaster, very popular and could endorse the game for many years to come.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »