Home

After 30 games played (and through 7 seasons), some random observations...

This is a discussion on After 30 games played (and through 7 seasons), some random observations... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2004, 08:18 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
After 30 games played (and through 7 seasons), some random observations...

Random thoughts and observations after 30 games played:

**There has yet to be a pass interference call on either me or the comp, even in cases where I have blatantly hit a receiver with my DB out of desperation. (penalties set to default)

**The computer has yet to be flagged for anything other than a false start.

**The kick meter still sucks after 30 games.

**Kind of getting tired of my 90+ speed receivers amd backs getting chased down by LBs.

**Player progression is very well done this year imo. Before if you had a player that was a backup til age 26 or so his progression pretty much stopped. This year even slightly older players, once they start getting playing time, will progress...in some cases into the high 80s or 90s.

**There seem to be some plays where you are destined to be sacked regardless of what you do. I had one play where I was trying to roll right to avoid a blitz and my QB rolled left on his own, despite my use of the controller. Bam...sackage on a key 3rd down. There have been other questionable moments too, that was the most blatant.

**The computer will be able to get throws off before being sacked that you never, ever will be able to.

**The Super Bowl game itself has nice pomp to it, a nice touch this year.

**The blocking AI is pretty shoddy. The line works on a "pancake or bust" deal, where they hit their man then move on to the next level of the defense. If they didn't flatten their man, look out.

**The game overall has a decent, tight feeling to it. Still leaves me wanting to play "just one more game" each time in spite of the flaws.

**Franchise mode is good this year, there seems to be less randomness to things like attendance. Give you more of an "in control" feeling.

**Overall I think this is the best Madden since '02.

I wish I had XBL (or broadband in my area, for that matter) to really play this game out, but oh well. Since I don't have XBL my focus is entirely on the single player experience. At least you get the feeling EA actually tried this year, and thats all you can ask for.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2004, 08:35 PM   #2
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: After 30 games played (and through 7 seasons), some random observations...

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppapump2
**Kind of getting tired of my 90+ speed receivers amd backs getting chased down by LBs.
I haven't had that at all...if my guy has +90 speed and high acceleration...when he gets a few steps on the defenders...he's gone. Nobody is catchin him unless they've got a much higher speed and acc rating. Thats one of the main elements I really like about the gameplay....the breakaway speed.

Quote:

**The game overall has a decent, tight feeling to it. Still leaves me wanting to play "just one more game" each time in spite of the flaws.

**Overall I think this is the best Madden since '02.
I couldn't agree more. I haven't enjoyed Madden this much in yrs. I've Put in quite a few 4-5 game sessions. I also didn't realize how much I missed
in-game save.
Old 08-20-2004, 09:14 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
**Player progression is very well done this year imo. Before if you had a player that was a backup til age 26 or so his progression pretty much stopped. This year even slightly older players, once they start getting playing time, will progress...in some cases into the high 80s or 90s.
i agree. it was great to see someone i drafted as a 70 improve throughout the year, now a few seasons later he's a 92
Old 08-20-2004, 09:23 PM   #4
Rookie

ps2sportgamer's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:

**The kick meter still sucks after 30 games.

i think u just suck. im on ALL Madden and kick great
Old 08-20-2004, 09:30 PM   #5
Banned

Jon22's Arena

OVR: 20

What do you think about the feeling when your running the ball. The guy is fixing to tackle and you just seem to stop or clinch up and get tackled.

Also When your playing D do yall have problems just running the normal play and getting beat with out doing all those adjustments?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2004, 01:29 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps2sportgamer

Wow. What an intelligent comment. Your parents must be proud.
Old 08-21-2004, 02:03 AM   #7
Rookie

MrTennessee's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps2sportgamer
Do you want a cookie for being that dang good?
Old 08-21-2004, 02:06 AM   #8
Rookie

MrTennessee's Arena

OVR: 3

Those are some pretty tight observations there PoppaPump. I personally think this Madden is the best bar none thats came out on the Xbox/PS2 in terms of replayability for me. I have actually started a 'Chise and enjoy it immensely. Just wish the college game was THIS much fun to me this year too, then it would be the perfect 1-2 combo punch by EA wiht college and pro football, imo.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »